Large Scale Central

Hilltop Overlook town rail plan on the Bluestone Southern

To add to the Operations on the Bluestone Southern, we are currently adding tackage for the town of Hilltop Overlook…

Copy of the purposed trackplan is posted below:

Wotk began this weekend on the roadbed and trackage:

Basically, we are adding another Local freight from Bluefield Yards to Hilltop Overlook. Industries served will be a chemical storage/tranfer Company, 2 warehouses and a team track… It will be another switching puzzle during operations… This Local will not be allowed on the Hilltop Subdivision Mainlines wjile working the town…

Current plans are to have it operational for the up-coming Ops session on 18-19 October 2014…

Jane this looks like a lot fun as switch problem. If Andy keep on adding track he will not have any grass to cut

Looking good, Andy. Did Jane get that green thing out of the way?

Looking good. Is that Andy operating a shovel - or is he just leaning on it ?

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/jeclarke/hilltop_overlook/Hilltop%20Overlook%209-21-2014%20photo1%20.jpg)

My guess is he dropped a nickle John

Can I get the name of the block/paver manufacturer you use. I have a bit to invest for train funds. :wink:

Dan, Yes, she did finally, after a lot of coaxing…

Jon, I was leaning on, trying to figure why Jane stopped working to take a picture…

Son, If I had dropped a nickle, I’d have been on my hands and knees looking for it…

Hollywood, Those blocks are actually Bluestone, from PA… i used to sneak pieces in Ric’s Van when he drove, now, I have to sneak them into my own truck on the way home…

Wow! That is impressive.

Arr! Be that a treasure map, oy see thar?

It was a beautiful weekend. I thought Jane had worked planned for you. Sounds great!

Matt, you need to stop by sometime…

Tom, actually, there was… small half brick blocks that were used to support the curved loop when it was there.

Ric, was a beautiful weekend… Too beautiful to waste not working on the railroad…

Andy, I really, really want to. I hope the weekend you have your op’s session I can come by and hang out. I won’t know for sure untill it gets closer to the time.

Basic Sidings and crossover is installed… Needs leveling, and the Industry spurs laid in…

Trains Orders are cut, Local will have 6 boxcars, 4 Tankcars and 1 flat/bulkhead flat…

Nice!

Wow. That looks great!

Nicely done Andy. Just like the pro trackwork teams, no time wasted.

Mom does some real nice track work!

David Russell said:

Mom does some real nice track work!

She does, you should send her 25 bucks…

:slight_smile:

It would probably cost me that in freight to send here all those pennies!

Wow, what a wiring nightmare… I’ve sure glad I run batteries… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: