Large Scale Central

Hilltop Overlook town rail plan on the Bluestone Southern

Stan Cedarleaf said:

Wow, what a wiring nightmare… I’ve sure glad I run batteries… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Stan, I glad I run on Batteries too… :slight_smile:

Electric track is a silly way to try to run a railroad.

There it is again! Well I may be silly, but then so is the NMRA club I belong to as well as the other club I belong to.

:slight_smile:

David , if you do not subscribe to the religion spouted here , you must , by default , be silly . But not quite as silly as the narrow minded preachers on the site .

Mike

Mike, I see.

Each control system has its good and bad points. Relay controlled track power is the best for my situation. Battery power is the best for some, DCC is the best for others and so on. For one group to call another group “silly” is divisive and does nothing to promote the camaraderie of this hobby.

Quite so , quite so .

Mike

To get this all back on topic…

Work continued in the Addieville cut, building retaining walls, and moving all the bluestone that didn’t get used on the wall… Then we got hit with about a weekd of rain, clouds and drizzle… This put a stop to any work in the area…

It was doubtful as to whether the tracks would get installed at Overlook before the 18-19 Oct 2014 Ops.

Friday afternoon was the first day one could actually work around Overlook without slipping and sliding in mud…

Friday morning was a day od sprucing up the area, mowing the grass, etc, etc…

Friday afternoon/evening were spent trying to get Overlook into shape to get track installed for the ops session…

Many thanks to Jean & Bruce, Suzi & Roger, Ken, Doug, Jan & Ric, who worked on the area Friday afternoon & evening, along with Saturday Morning, the tracks got installed and Overlook was used during the Ops Session…

Tracks were changed slightly from the original plan during the install…

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/jeclarke/oct_2014_ops/Overlook%20being%20worked%20w-steam%20%20Pic%201%20%20%20%2010-18-2014%20.jpg)

Its good to have friends.

Steve Featherkile said:

Its good to have friends.

Steve, very much so…

…and what a PITA to work…:wink:

“Can we use the main?..NO!!!”

Ken Brunt said:

Was that for everyone or just you?

Ken Brunt said:

Giggle… yw, Ken

David Russell said:

Ken Brunt said:

Was that for everyone or just you?

Mainly it was for Doug, but I happened to be working with Doug at the time…:wink:

“Mainly it was for Doug, but I happened to be working with Doug at the time…”(http://www.largescalecentral.com/application/modules/Chat/externals/images/wink.png)

SOMETIMES, we create our own problems.