Large Scale Central

Help save LGB!

Hello friends of LGB,

Most of you probably don’t know of the fast moving events in Nürnberg. Wöhrl, a well respected German company, and LGB of America have made a very fair offer to keep LGB and Lehmann a viable company and maintain operations and jobs in Nürnberg. Four of the five banks involved are resisting the offer. The bankruptcy Manager Dr Geode considers the proposal to be acceptable and today has called on the banks to reconsider their position.

This may be our last chance to rescue LGB. The situation is very near liquidation! If you are an LGB fan or honestly think the Garden Railway hobby will suffer greatly from their loss, please get involved now!

The leading bank is the Deutsche Bank. Contact them through every e-mail address you can find and let them know that we want a solution that keeps LGB and Lehmann a viable company. For example you can use this link:

http://www.db.com/en/content/contact_form.htm

I have selected “Corporate Social Responsibility” as a question/statement
category.

Lehmann and LGB have given many of us a great deal of enjoyment in our hobbies. I think this is the least we can do to save a great product line for the future.

Jack Barton

Nice going Jack, Well, I have been tempted for many months to feed a bit of info to the German papers and the banks, I think now would be a very good time! :wink: Nice time line that goes back about two years and accelerates rapidly in the past year. Let’s see if I find the eXtra time today.

Not exactly sure why.
Another “Made in PRC” product?

Been following wear issues on chassis now made there, motors aren’t what they were, axles need far more lube than before.

I have more of the stuff from said company than I need, I won’t be buying any more, and I hate to say ever, but that’s the way it looks in my crystal ball.

We have retired all cabooses, all but one locomotive (three stored/serviceable), but when the local ATS cannot get parts for going on three months, makes me wonder why I should run them if I can’t repair them.

I’m just sitting up here in the bleachers watching the proceedings unfold.

Last time I checked “it’s a free country” (unless you want to buy Garden Trains, they cost!)

Here’s another good contact.

[email protected]

Jack

Jack Barton said:
Last time I checked "it's a free country" (unless you want to buy Garden Trains, they cost!)

Here’s another good contact.

[email protected]

Jack

What does that have to do with anything?
No automobiles from the authors of Pearl Harbor nor from the backers of North Korea 55 years ago.

Sure, you have to buy somewhere, but I made up my mind to buy what I needed wherever possible as made in USA.

All of my PRC rod locomotives now have US made chassis and US made Pittmans.

Wheelsets made by Sierra Valley in California.
Detail parts by Trackside Details, in California.

100% of my “0” 3-rail, 100% of my 2-rail “0”, 100% of my Half Zero (including Mantua couplers).
Both of the vehicles I drive are guaranteed made in the USA.
All my vacuum tube radios, same.

The track I use has rail drawn in the USA, ties molded, turnouts manufactured, all USA outdoors.

What seriously surprises me is the complacency.

OK, time for a good belly laugh. Of course we all know just how proficient, accurate and concise the various translation utilities on the Net are. A very funny instance is what Jack posted on a German forum

Jack Barton with help from AV translations said:
Wenn Sie ein LGB Ventilator sind oder ehrlich denken, daß die Gartenbahnliebhaberei groß unter ihrem Verlust leidet, erhalten Sie bitte jetzt mit einbezogen!

I’ve known since 2000 that LGB fans (short for fanatics) generate a lot of wind, but that they actually consider themselves to be “LGB ventilators” is a new one.

There have been many priceless instances of mangeled translations, but this one is right up there, one of the best! The unintended irony is very, very apt! Thank you, Jack! :lol: :lol:

PS the appeal to save LGB has so far only met with ridicule on that German forum.

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
PS the appeal to save LGB has so far only met with ridicule on that German forum.
"me worry not" I'm a big boy and my skin is fairly thick.

Jack

OH HJ,

You didn’t tell me it was Otter 1 having fun with me on Gartenbahn-Forum. That puts me in pretty good company!

Jack

Jack Barton said:
OH HJ,

You didn’t tell me it was Otter 1 having fun with me on Gartenbahn-Forum. That puts me in pretty good company!

Jack

Nah, I wasn’t referring to that, I like the one about “[email protected]” much more.

Hans , you really are the most odious creep , were you frightened by an LGB loco when you were a lad ( last week?)
And your own translation of our English language is itself a bit MANGLED . Lern to spel and stop making a total prat of yourself .
Mike

Mike Morgan said:
Hans , you really are the most odious creep , were you frightened by an LGB loco when you were a lad ( last week?) And your own translation of our English language is itself a bit MANGLED . Lern to spel and stop making a total prat of yourself . Mike
Say what?? ;)

Medication back-up.
Not a full moon, so has to be.

Curmudgeon said:
Medication back-up. Not a full moon, so has to be.
Dave,

Not to worry, we have grumpy bears around here. Just talk to them in a soothing voice and things are A OK. Or don’t talk to them at all and things are even better. :wink: :smiley:

Some folks like to prod them with a pointed stick !

I’m sorry what I meant to say was :
Some folks like to get them grumpy and THEN poke them with a pointed stick!

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
the appeal to save LGB has so far only met with ridicule on that German forum.
Get real!!.........That forum whines more than the U.S. forums ever do!

I applaud Jack for trying to save the LGB. However, the New Partner with LGBoA has much more clout with the Bank than any of us will ever have due to the many millions of Euros on deposit in it.

John Joseph Sauer said:
I'm sorry what I meant to say was : Some folks like to get them grumpy and THEN poke them with a pointed stick!
JJ

Are you telling me that you have bears in your area, too? :slight_smile: :lol:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
John Joseph Sauer said:
I'm sorry what I meant to say was : Some folks like to get them grumpy and THEN poke them with a pointed stick!
JJ

Are you telling me that you have bears in your area, too? :slight_smile: :lol:

Heck, we have them around here, too. Occasionally one wanders downtown, but sadly none of them has ever been recorded as dining on a politician.

A few questions

Does Jack Barton work for LGBofA?

Have any association with LGBofA? Financial or otherwise?

Have any vested interest in pushing the LGBofA line?

TonyWalsham said:
A few questions

Does Jack Barton work for LGBofA?

Have any association with LGBofA? Financial or otherwise?

Have any vested interest in pushing the LGBofA line?

Tony,

You mean other than having a direct line to the “sanctum”, being on the preferred correspondence list, having “very reliable sources” at LGB and being a longtime LGB collector with enough of an inside track that he,at one time,signed a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement - read about that on MLS - with LGB?

No, no connection at all, he is just a very happy “Kollektor” and “LGB Ventilator”.

All else is strictly coincidental! Oh yes: he has a lot more “Red Boxes” than I do, but I buy much more selectively. :wink: :slight_smile:

He told me at one time that he has a very extensive RhB info collection, well yes, we do have that in common. And I do have excellent sources at RhB, to me they’re of much greater value than the “reliable sources” at LGB. All a matter of priorities!