Large Scale Central

Hecla Mine, Burke Idaho

If only I had 1000 printers to keep up with my sleepless nights. . . E
When technology keeps up with my waterless nights. . .hang on to your hat

Sounds like you just need more money! (NOTHING to do with technology). :innocent:

Bob,

I note you mention Cliff has printed an ore chute which caught my eye. I’d love to see what others have created. I’m new here, so I just posted a link for my attempt to make NBWs for my sand and water facility on that thread.

What is the general protocol for sharing STLs on LCS? Do we post a link to Thingiverse, Printables, CAD SHARE or do we have a Curator of Things at LCS?

Bill

No real protocol for sharing files. Dan Gilchrist (and others) have their stuff up on Printables or Thingiverse. There are also some people that sell files up on Cults3D.

1 Like

Theoretically, we can drag and drop files into a post.

CPL Dwarf.stl (293.0 KB)

1 Like

Don’t forget the Reference forum

2 Likes

Painting with a broom has always been accepted to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Hi Bill and welcome. I can not offer to share the file but should you be able to acquire it from Cliff I can tell you it is a very very nice design. I will be using it on this build most likely or at least a modified version of it. That’s if I actually ever get around to building this thing.

Thanks Devon,

Being new to the site, I searched Cliff and found 3 first names with Cliff. Which Cliff should I approach?

that would be Cliff Jennings
Mick

2 Likes

Paging @Cliff_Jennings to the white curtesy phone…

2 Likes

So far, I’m happy with my first attempt.

It’s quite rough as guts, and works and It looks good from 10 feet.

But it was my first resin attempt with Pinky Sil, aluminum foil, and an embossed wheel.

I’ve always been worried how much the resin will slump when I finally get it outside.

3 Likes

Wow, your chutes are better than mine Bill! And that’s one mighty fine bin for sure.

But here’s my chute file in case you can use it. There are some brass rod and chain bits involved; and you might not want to do the counterweight.

Cjennings H&N Ore Chute.STL (2.1 MB)

Great work, keep going!
Cliff

1 Like

Thanks for the download Cliff,

Do you print in resin or FDM? ( I will have to build an enclosure if I’m going to graduate from PLA & PETG plastics).

And what seems to be surviving outside?

I’m a bit of a novice only using tinkercad. Fusion 360 is escaping me so far on a Mac.

Bill

Bill, you bet.

Mine have been outside for at least 3 years in all the Maryland elements. They were PLA-printed, and Krylon-painted. I don’t think they’ll last must longer, but who knows. Here’s a shot taken just after installation.

Their replacements will be either ASA filament or some sort of UV-resistant-miracle-resin. Either of which heavily primed & painted.

Good luck, and post more pics!

Cliff

Hi Devon, I’m glad to see you around again!

My sister sent me a gift idea (for me) and it immediately made me think of you and your wilderness adventures.

:grin:

PS, there’s also a similar help guide for those more south.

https://www.amazon.com/Grand-Canyon-National-Park-Cautionary/dp/1591521890

EXCELLENT stick work/framing Bill!

1 Like

No detail pics on my end but I did get to run my CVRR equipment on Cliffy’s RR and the mine is killer even if it’s weather vane is offensive by today’s standards!
:laughing:

1 Like

Wow Cliff,

What an amazing scene! Tailings, miners, pack horses…. It tells a story.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your recording. I see you took a lot of “writers” on the trip too. …and they say we spend too much time texting and not enjoying the ride. Ha!

Incidentally, is there a story for the plexiglass encased bridgework?