Large Scale Central

Golding’s Salvage

Decided this should has its own thread. To go with all the dumpsters that I’ve been printing out, Golding’s Salvage needs an office/storage building. A Nissen/Quonset Hut seemed to be appropriate. Here we have a standard 16x36 foot one, with a couple coats of cold galvanizing compound.

This one is a test build in PLA. Once I’m happy with it, I’ll do it in PETG or ASA.

6 Likes

Ric Golding and Bob McCown

Discussion with Management ?

1 Like

Bob, was this printed on a filament printer? If so, would you share the STL for it? It sure would be good for my railroad! Nice work.

1 Like

I grabbed it off of Thingiverse. It’s made for tabletop gaming, at 1/100 scale. I printed it at 492%.

Mentioning “Golding Salvage”, opens the conversation to the question…“Where is the famous Young Ric Golding ?”
Ric used to be deep into our hobby, and promoting it in so many wonderful ways. Many of us were proud to enjoy his friendship and motivation.
It would be wonderful to hear from him, and his wife/partner/friend, Jan.
Better still, in the heat of a summer afternoon, it would be a great experience to pop a couple of long necks, in remembrance of the many great get-togethers we all had with Ric and Jan over the years. My best wishes to them both, with the hope that they are well, and taking nourishment.
Fred Mills

I am surprised you didn’t call it knee pad manufacturing

Ric and Jan are well. He’s occasionally on Facebook and I spoke with him on the phone a few weeks ago. They are currently hanging around Carlisle. We hope to spend some time with them in September as a stop on our cross country camping adventure.

2 Likes

Picking this project back up. Need to get a door on the office building and get some weathering done. And some signage. “We buy used cars” and “Top prices paid for your scrap,” etc…

Some signage. Need to make a few more and then mount them.

You need to fill out the OPEN and CLOSED hours !

And edit a sign to say “Sorry, we’re open”

Headed to Goldings Salvage currently but it’s coming via Inner Harbor so it might take awhile. However it’s scrap on a boat! I’m not sure if they have the titles though?

New sign for Bob … WE DON’T ACCEPT CHECKS, WE HAVE ENOUGH LEFT OVER FROM LAST YEAR

1 Like

How’s this project going Bob?

Since others are offering signage suggestion, mine is editing that CC sign to:

We accept Mastercard & Visa
In your dreams.