Large Scale Central

G SCALE MAD website announced to close as of Nov 1

Jason Palmer the owner of the British large scale website G Scale Mad has announced that the website and forum will close as of Nov 1, from what I can determine reading thru the site this is due to a campaign of personal attackes on him by a few former and current members upset about the mere fact that discussion about the Chinese LGB Knockoffs Newquida has been allowed on the site. (Shades of the BS that went on over here during LGB’s demise)

If any members here also frequent that site you might what to chime in with your support for the site, its a great site just like this one and it would be a real shame to see it go under due to a few morons.

www.gscalemad.co.uk

Victor, I did not know that. How pathetic. Best, Zubi

The LGB fanatics still think the company will rise again, even though the lorry has RR on the grille.

Same BS we had here, different day.

There was a recent roe when a discussion about availablity of Newquida in Britain led to a full on shi#-hurling festival led by a small rabid band of Red Box Brigands upset about the mere fact that these thing even exists somehow soiling the beloved purity of their sacred toys. When the mods finally cleaned things up they turned their ire on the owner. (remember what happened here and on MLS whenever we tried discussing LGBs demise?) Such selfishness really annoys me, how many HO products are there of the same identical item whose parts are completely interchangable. There %^$%$# toys, get over it. Maybe LGB deserves to die, let these idiots sit in their caves on their horde of unopened Red Boxs like Smaug under his mountain…can you tell I’m a little ticked? sheesh!

I agree with you Victor. I’ve always liked LGB and use a lot of it BUT I’m not a fanatic. My feeling is, the more competition the better. It improves the quality and variety.

I too really like and enjoy what few LGB items I have, but I dont worship them for Pete’s Sake.

I like the site and am(was?) a member. I liked reading about what was going on over there in G scale. Got some good info at times and links to other interesting sites. I would think he could just ban those bothering him and move on. Guess he’s sensitive?

I’ve been watching the mess over there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bob has considered doing the same in the past.
With that thought in mind, I now understand why the no Politics/Religion rule was needed. It was probably that, or no LSC.
Let’s hope the malcontents don’t find their way over here.
Ralph

What’s an LGB “LONG GONE BYE” MAYBE??? The Regal

Troublemaker!

The problem there has been a few members who just foam at the mouth whenever Newquida is brought up. We’ve had similar roe’s here, remember all the “smoke and noise signifying nothing” whenever discussing LGBs folding was attempted? Same thing all over again, a few malcontents can’t handle that like Keystone/Buddy L cloning Bachmann cars, NewQ is cloning LGB cars, and goes into rabid head spinning Linda Blair mode whenever anyone tries to rationally discuss it. All this despite no legal action or protest by Marklin against the Chinese manufacturer. Its really sad, but it sounds like its been a long time coming over there. Sad.

I just sent the owner a message encouraging him to keep the site up and running. It probably won’t help but it’s worth a try anyway. If you have a minute drop him a line too.

His e-mail is: [email protected]

Jon.

Jerry Barnes said:
............ I would think he could just ban those bothering him and move on. Guess he's sensitive?
Sensitive? Hmmm I guess one could put it like that! Speaking from personal experience I'd say he's much [b] too sensitive[/b], either that or not consistent enough, which is a problem if you run a website and a forum.

OTOH I would have thought he has enough moderators to keep things in check; pity though that exactly those foamers who apparently didn’t like my comments and/or my writing style and bitched in the background - now where did that happen also? - are biting the hand which previously stroked them.
Looks like the typical “what goes around comes around” situation.

Did you ever note the concerted effort (one guesses it was “directed”) by the RBB to literally shut down sites who discussed Let’s Go Broke in areas they would rather wasn’t discussed?

Looks like it worked over there.

I am really surprised, with the “RR” as a bonnet badge on the Lorry that some of the RBB still hold out hope.

What on Earth have you been writing now HJ. Surely not something that would call up questions about ghosts from the past???

The deceased Red Box lovers would roll over in their graves if they’ve seen what I’ve done to my LGB stuff.
The live ones would prolly shoot me. Hell, I even crush the boxes! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think the Newqaida products are ok for the price. Great kitbashing material.
LAO

TonyWalsham said:
What on Earth have you been writing now HJ. Surely not something that would call up questions about ghosts from the past????
Actually nothing at all about any ghosts, gremlins, trolls, poltergeister or such; I'm too busy coping with what's on my plate - renovations are a blast! :( :( - to bother with any of it. :) :)

I think I have one red box engine. A little porter. It sits on a shelf…

Jon.

LGB is nice.
But I’m over them.