Large Scale Central

Foreign road cars arrive at the J&B

I’ve been working on a few more of the acrylic semi-kits from Andrè and finally finished two of them. I made these a bit different this time. First, I tried to simulate the “Improved Superior Flexible Outside Metal Roof” shown in my 1922 Car Builders Cyclopedia. I used some half round on top of the thin strip, glued to a styrene sheet roof. The rest of the car is covered in thin wood sheathing. I also decided to build brake platforms using some brass and styrene, with wood planks on top. I also built a jig to form the coupler lift bars and used 1/16" brass rod to make them. I determined that I’d use some different colors this time to relieve the monotony of Ruddy Brown Primer: Krylon Hunter Green and Krylon Oxford Blue When I was up for the Invasion in Ottawa, Ralph Dipple gave me some decals for his RR:

Andy had given me two sets of decals earlier, so I figured that I better use them before he asked for them back. :wink:

These will help relieve my current boxcar shortage on the RR.

I woulda thought the Bluestone Southern car would have been a stone hopper, painted blue. Hmm… hey Andy, have a set of decals? I just got an idea…

Bob, what color you want??? Blue or white???

Bruce, both cars look great… About time you added a little color on the railroad… :slight_smile:

White, please!

Bob McCown said:
White, please!
OK, let me see what I can round up..... you want any sort of dimensional data???? or just the logo, lettering and numbers.....

Just logo/lettering/numbers…

Yeah, the dimensions don’t scale all that well. :smiley:

(http://jbrr.com/Pics/RollingStock/Boxcars/Acrylic-Wood/IMG_8741.JPG)

Big Sky Blue. How sweet it is.

Particularly if I’m putting them on a 1:20 hopper or something…

Looks funny on a boxcar, too…

Or, just don’t look too close. :smiley:

ya just gotta change the numbers, to confuse the lookee… :slight_smile:

Nice cars Bruce. Those roofs look great. I like the colors and the foreign road names

I have a feeling it may have been Jane’s idea to have a railroad name with the initials BS in them…Nice work Bruce!

Looks good!

Those boxcars look great, as usual!

Nice additions to the rolling stock roster Bruce. Fine work!

Yes they do look great Bruce. Was at Wallyworld with SWMBO on the weekend, looked at the Hunter Green Krylon for a boxcar or two, but wasn’t sure what it would look like. Now i will have to go back and pick up a can.