Large Scale Central

Fn3 "Dead River Lumber Co"

I use sawdust + water / wood glue (50/50) + acrylic paint. The hues are just basic fonts for now

Hey guys here is what I use . It works twice as fast sawdust and glue…

Homemade Sculptamold

https://youtu.be/fqq5k-h9Iwk

https://youtu.be/kX16CHUTfCY

Ty

I propose you the beginning of a small construction of an old west station to install it later on my layout.

The frames are in samba of 9x9, the vertical and the blades are in balsa of 1mm, the frames of door and window in balsa of 2.

And here I am today

That’s looking really nice, Monsieur…keep us posted right through to the finish.

Very nice.

i love your structures, Very good

Dennis

Hello everyone
After spending a good fortnight in the masonry, I resume my modeling activities.
Having bought ink cartridges (more expensive than my printer) I made signs for my station.

Here is what it gives

You might take some consolation in knowing, monsieur, that you are not alone in France; over here in America also those freaking printer cartridges can cost more than the damn printer. At least it makes me feel better anyway that things are the same over there. How do you say “What a racket!” in French?

This is a great scratchbuild Jean-Gilles, and the coloring of the wood and the signs came out perfect. Nice job.

Thank you John
In French: “racket” !!

Hello to you
I continue to do my signs.
I wanted to print upside down and apply to the wood, but that was not a success, I went back to print
Some pictures

I had forgotten an important detail for my station: the train schedule.
The problem will be fixed (2.2mmx1.6mm)

thank you
The sheriff (my girlfriend), fearing to see the evildoers fleeing or entering through the window, asked the blacksmith (myself) to make bars for him.

What was done quickly (well almost …)

My goodness, that’s terrific! Thanks for sharing.

Holy cow! I look forward to following your work. Please keep posting.

Today as it was a time of m … well I stayed in it !! and that’s what I spent my time

All balsa of 1mm and 2mm, tinted with Indian ink and rust powder. I did not try to do a great thing, the whole will be mounted on a promontory overlooking the ravine with direct ejection. We’re still not s’emm … !!

Jean . I love your buildings, your technique looks great on your Barber/Sheriff structure, you have done a beautiful construction making it look very real of the old west

Thanks for Sharing pictures

Dennis

Hello everyone

Thank you Dennis
I started a galley that I do not advise nervous or in a hurry.
I started building a log trapper’s cabin. I’m out of wood, That’s where I am

The roof is finished and received its first paint

Assembly of a window and passage of a white / gray on the face of the logs

and then … we could add a fireplace!

and then … and then it’s not over!

That looks great. Did you distress the logs or did they come that way? What is the chimney and block foundation made of?