Large Scale Central

FEBT Virtual Reunion

Due to concerns over the ongoing COVID19 crisis the FEBT in person reunion was cancelled this year.

Yeah it stinks, however it comes with a silver lining for those who are not yet FEBT members.

The FEBT has decided to hold in it’s place a virtual event and even non members may attend.

If you are interested click the link below and sign up to receive an email with the Zoom link and invite.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044da4af2eabff2-febt5

The schedule of events are as follows:

Henry Posner, EBTF chairman

FEBT annual business meeting

Dave Domitrovich, New Chief Mechanical Officer

Ron Pearson, Searching for the lost mines of Robertsdale

Thanks Randy - This is TOMORROW from 1:00-5:00PM EDT.

Jon Radder said:

Thanks Randy - This is TOMORROW from 1:00-5:00PM EDT.

Thanks Jon, I should have added that important tid bit. I’m very interested to see what Henry and Dave have to say about the shaping of the railroads future since they will have a very big part to play with it.

Bumping up- TODAY’S EVENT OCT 10th Don’t miss a great opertunity to see what’s going on at the EBT from your couch!

I have all the slides for the event and they look fantastic. I can’t imagine how good the narration that goes with them will be.

Randy did a great job as Master of Ceremonies and all 4 segments were enjoyable, even the business meeting (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)I’d love to see an abbreviated (1-2 hour) Zoom meeting every few months. There is lots of news being published but there is nothing like hearing it from the horse’s mouth and being able to ask questions.

I signed up, but then got wrapped up in working on my own railroad and didn’t sign in. Hope to see some highlights of what was said and reviewed. Really glad to see the EBT moving forward. Ken Brunt and I took a ride up ther this last Summer and we were very impressed with the progress. Exciting to see all the activity.

Thanks for the complements Jon. I’m not one who’s goal is to be speaking in public, but it seems to be part of the job as event coordinator for the FEBT. I was very pleased with how the event unfolded. We had a team of us working to learn Zoom and it’s features over the last month so that we could manage and run the meeting. I think all that time paid of well. We had over 110 people attending and have already had some generous donations come in as a result of announcing the new fundraising campaign. It was so exciting to hear straight from the top, the facts plans and realities of what is going on at the railroad. It sure beats all the past years filled with every one guessing and speculating all over the internet. That only leads to negativity. It’s not that in the past things were trying to be kept secret, there just was zero movement to discuss. Going forward we can expect to be well informed about everything with stories and commentary coming from all the involved parties. There is the new monthly news letter being emailed to all FEBT members packed with information and I’ve already had many emails expressing how much the virtual event was enjoyed and the desire to see more of the same. The event was recorded and I think there is a high likelihood that it will appear on YouTube soon. It’s a very exciting time and it’s very cool to be a part of it.

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

Bumping up- TODAY’S EVENT OCT 10th Don’t miss a great opertunity to see what’s going on at the EBT from your couch!

I have all the slides for the event and they look fantastic. I can’t imagine how good the narration that goes with them will be.

I was there yesterday …Did I make the cut ?

Is that your work Randy ???

Rooz, I think you did it backwards. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

You were supposed to be somewhere watching the virtual event and getting all the juicy tid bits about what’s coming and visit the railroad later when stuff was going on. Mr Posner even had a chicken on his book case just for you. Still, glad you got out to see it, and hope to see you there again some day.

No, that is not my work. There would have been a Coke can and Fudge Round wrappers left behind if it were mine. That is the switch that leads into the electrical shed where they keep M3. Interesting fact, it is actually a #4 switch! It’s the only prototype example of a #4 I’ve ever seen. The rest on the RR are all #8ish none are really exactly the same. The Railroad took up that entire string of 5 switches this spring, all at once. They had a heck of a time getting them all lined back up correctly and had to take several goes at it. That nasty looking joint was the last compromise figuring that it’s only going to be M-3 going over it. It should be fine for that. Of course it may well have looked that bad before, but it was just so far buried in the dirt you couldn’t see it.

So cool to see things being shuffled every time I show up, work that’s been done to equipment and track when I pull in and things actually moving while working at work sessions.

(edit) PS: I’ll see if I can work that slide of you in during the next virtual event.

Randy, its pretty impressive that Rooster takes a picture of a rail joint and you know where it is in the entire yard or for that fact, the entire railroad. The dedication of you and all the other people is really commendable. Thanks for keeping this on the front burner and all your work.

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

Rooz, I think you did it backwards. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Interesting fact, it is actually a #4 switch!

(edit) PS: I’ll see if I can work that slide of you in during the next virtual event.

Randy,

Nope …I did it Rooz’s way RT 641 runs in front of my house and starts a few miles east of me in Camp Hill. So I just headed west and wasn’t planning on EBT but it just happened.

#4 switch ^^^^^^

As for the edit …Thank you I appreciate that as much as I appreciate history and saving it, “Thank you” for the work you guys do there as I greatly enjoyed it !! However there was never any Amtrak narrow gauge so you cannot drag me to the dark side…HAHA! Gonna try and hit the abandoned Path Valley RR tunnel this coming weekend.

Ric Golding said:

Randy, its pretty impressive that Rooster takes a picture of a rail joint and you know where it is in the entire yard or for that fact, the entire railroad. The dedication of you and all the other people is really commendable. Thanks for keeping this on the front burner and all your work.

Since Ric opened his mouth …where is this located ??

Randy,

Make sure to thank Ric for the challenge…

I don’t even like steam !

Guys it’s an honor and a pleasure to be associated with such a top notch group of people as the FEBT and now the EBTF too. I’m just happy to be able to do my small part to facilitate the success of both groups.

We are currently working to get the recording of the event up on You tube I’ll post a link here when it hits.

Rooster said:

Since Ric opened his mouth …where is this located ??

Easy, that is across from the coal tipple on the Jordan creek side. Up until 3 months ago you may not have been able to see any of that for all of the brush growing in that area. Yeah, I spend a lot of time out there.

Rooster said:

I don’t even like steam !

Blasphemy!

LMFAO !!!

Can anyone say BRILL without being liberal ?

The event is now up on youtube. The business meeting was removed from this version. We will probably delete this one and re-upload it with only the financial portion removed from the business meeting in order to show the new fundraising appeal. When that happens I’ll update the link.

Brill… as in the engine in M1 At least it isn’t steam!

Note to Ric Golding …read the description under the picture which I took the time to “describe” under the post in another thread before asking. So with that said I will add…

Shade Gap is not far north from here…

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

The event is now up on youtube. The business meeting was removed from this version. We will probably delete this one and re-upload it with only the financial portion removed from the business meeting in order to show the new fundraising appeal. When that happens I’ll update the link.

It’s all good bro and " thank you for the work you and the others are putting into the EBT" . As I was taught with the CVRR she needs to be passed on and saved for what is left of her. The EBT is a mountain ridge herself with many that tried to connect but she still lives!