Large Scale Central

FEBT Virtual Reunion

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

Guys it’s an honor and a pleasure to be associated with such a top notch group of people as the FEBT and now the EBTF too. I’m just happy to be able to do my small part to facilitate the success of both groups.

YEAH SURE … playing with the big city crowd these days and forgot all about listing LSC reporting marks that you play a small part to facilitate for success!

Rooster said:

Note to Ric Golding …read the description under the picture which I took the time to “describe” under the post in another thread before asking. So with that said I will add…

Shade Gap is not far north from here…

PA641 - got it.

Rooster said:

Interesting pic! I don’t think I’ve seen one showing the inside of the coal tipple. There was a shed building over it once, I believe.

Pete Thornton said:

Rooster said:

Interesting pic! I don’t think I’ve seen one showing the inside of the coal tipple. There was a shed building over it once, I believe.

Yes there was. I think that pile of corrugated tin on the right may be part of it. Making the tipple functional and eventually replacing the building is in the plan. For starters, it will be a truck dump. It will be a while before the ramp track and enough track South can be rehabilitated to allow loading by hopper car. That of course would be just for show as the hopper would need to be loaded from a truck!

Pete Thornton said:

Pete,

I have a few better pics of the inside and also the grades and work going on.

“EBT 14 at the Rockhill Furnace coal tipple” 1992 photo by Bob Krug.

BTW Randy,

You volunteer there with some friends of mine. Josh Capp and his dad. Dave has been a friend and my Mac dealer for close to 30 yrs. Just saw some video of Josh hot riveting one of the hoppers recently.

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Pete Thornton said:

“EBT 14 at the Rockhill Furnace coal tipple” 1992 photo by Bob Krug.

This is an interesting picture. Pete, are you certain about the date? Our first visit was in 1998 and the tipple was in terrible shape. No building up above, no doors on the bin and a flat car on the approach with about a 6 inch tree growing through it. Neglect can take its toll pretty quick, and a snow storm or wind storm can take down a building, but the damage plus the tree in 6 years seems a lot. track work and equipment looks in pretty good shape. I’m wondering if the picture was posted in 1992, but taken in the time of regular service before 1956? Just wondering.

This is an interesting picture. Pete, are you certain about the date?

In a word, No. It came from RRpicturearchives and is dated 1992. This one is from the H.A.E.R. Survey which seems to be about 1994, (though there are no dates on their drawings!!):

This is a 1995 RRarchives pic also from Bob Krug. There’s a whole set of his dating from 1986
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiveThumbs.aspx?id=42775

Wow! Great link! 1995 photo, looks like a Rail Fan Event, is showing decay of the upper coal loading structure and looks like 1986 to 1992 could be the times for the other photos. Thank you for continuing the conversation. Just looking at tree growth and knowing that nothing was standing in the Fall of 1998. Before we were going out there, and I don’t remember the dates, I was told the Kolvalchicks had a number of things taken down, because of concern with people getting hurt while exploring. This included some of the mine structures, the Timber Transfer and the Coal Chance Processing Plant. So maybe the structure was taken down in conjunction with other structures coming down.

Cool pictures, Pete!

The new videos have hit Yoututbe

These new videos now include all but the financial section of the business meeting so that all can see this years award and the new fundraising appeal.

Have watched about 60 percent of both videos. A whole lot of the first one can just be listened to, but still interesting. The start of the second part or maybe a little before that really gets in to a tour of Rockhill Furnace and you can see the extent to what the rebuild entails. Literally new rail on some turnouts. All of this is really good stuff and the dedication of the guys working on this should be applauded. Thank you Randy and all the other people involved.

Ric Golding said:

Rooster said:

Note to Ric Golding …read the description under the picture which I took the time to “describe” under the post in another thread before asking. So with that said I will add…

PA641 - got it.

Ok, Just make sure the retired mariner takes his compass so he can tell his bride which way to go as she drive the RV off the mountain…BTW jake brakes are restricted coming down the 9% grade

Rooster said:

Ric Golding said:

Rooster said:

PA641 - got it.

Ok, Just make sure the retired mariner takes his compass so he can tell his bride which way to go as she drive the RV off the mountain…BTW jake brakes are restricted coming down the 9% grade

I’ve been over that pass a few times. Don’t think I would do it towing my travel trailer, but the Lovenasium should be fine (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

but the Lovenasium should be fine

I’m loath to ask - but will anyway. What’s a “lovenasium” ?

This isn’t exactly it, but same brand & class…

Dubbed the Lovenasium several years ago by Rooster.

(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)- just best to not say anything. M2 Freightliner Chassis.

If the Path Valley would have only interconnected with the EBT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_Valley_Railroad

New Germantown ^^^

Randy …I’m sorry I didn’t wait till page 3 to jack up your thread!! Thought you and Kevin Strong would appreciate some of those pics.