Large Scale Central

ECLSTS IN YORK, PA - 2019

Guessing around 35? some days. Did any one get a date for the 2019 East Coast Large Scale Train Show? Now that an exception to the “status quo” was established, I have to “Lobby” for what used to be an established practice. Shhhhhsh!

29-30 March 2019

So if my math is correct 357 days until the fun starts. We usually leave on the Wednesday morning before the weekend, so that’s where my count begins. Already prepping, but the trucks not packed, yet. Lots of sunsets between now and then, but one must plan for the future.

one must plan for the future.

Must one? Gee, I tend to do a lot on the spur of the moment.

The “Susquehanna Room” is not available for the Drag and Brag in 2019, but Jan has reserved the “First Capitol Room” for the Friday night of the 2019 East Coast Large Scale Train Show. She said its closer to the bar and, if nothing else, its easier to spell and did I mention, its closer to the bar. Plans are coming together for another good show and weekend.

Lou Luczu said:

29-30 March 2019

Well that is good at least it is not on Easter weekend again.

Nico Corbo said:

So that means we can’t paint your head next year ?

" Rooster " said:

Nico Corbo said:

So that means we can’t paint your head next year ?

Rooster, you can always paint my head!

Ric Golding said:

The “Susquehanna Room” is not available for the Drag and Brag in 2019, but Jan has reserved the “First Capitol Room” for the Friday night of the 2019 East Coast Large Scale Train Show. She said its closer to the bar and, if nothing else, its easier to spell and did I mention, its closer to the bar. Plans are coming together for another good show and weekend.

I think that’s the room in the back hallway behind the bar. Its roughly the same size as the Susquehanna Room, but more of a rectangle. Should be fine for us.

Great planning, Ric, and Jan. Who knows I may get there in 2019.

Thank you both for your dedication.

Fred Mills

(If your country hasn’t built a wall on your Northern boundaries, or is not deep into a civil war by then)

David Maynard said:

one must plan for the future.

Must one? Gee, I tend to do a lot on the spur of the moment.

When you’re doin’ as much livin as Ric & Jan, Yeah, you gotta plan it…

Rock on guys! You’re an inspiration.

Just asking a question…

With the dwindling support for this show by vendors & patrons why not just merge it with the TCA show that always follows a few weeks later at the same venue?

It is a much bigger show, with much better attendance… and has some of the same vendors already attending it.

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Just asking a question…

With the dwindling support for this show by vendors & patrons why not just merge it with the TCA show that always follows a few weeks later at the same venue?

It is a much bigger show, with much better attendance… and has some of the same vendors already attending it.

I asked that question this year, and was told that they did approach the owners of TCA about doing that, and were told a resounding “no way, no how, never”.

That’s hearsay, of course, FWIW.

Bob McCown said:

I asked that question this year, and was told that they did approach the owners of TCA about doing that, and were told a resounding “no way, no how, never”.

I find it hard to believe that if there is vendor space available (which there may or may not be) that someone would be refused to occupy it, but who knows!

Maybe they are just trying to get into the non-TCA vendor hall that is the issue?

I know some building during the TCA show you have to be a member to have access.

For myself, especially since I started collecting some O-scale, the TCA show is of more interest to me now seeing as I own just about all the large scale pieces I want… unless something or some manufacturer actually builds a new model I am interested in.

Well, I like having a just large scale show. That way I don’t have to play hide and seek with the large scale stuff scattered in amongst the other scales.

The TCA folks tend to be, well they are kind of…To exclude people (customers) from vendors just because they didn’t pay dues, just seams a bit…

Ok.

Bob McCown said:

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Just asking a question…

Told ya’ so

It’s my understanding that the TCA show pretty much fills all the available rooms in the area which might make it more difficult for out of town folks to find lodging close by.

Gary Buchanan, FOG, DRS, DSS, DCS said:

It’s my understanding that the TCA show pretty much fills all the available rooms in the area which might make it more difficult for out of town folks to find lodging close by.

It also encompasses all the buildings in the FairGrounds.

Used to be, years ago, folks said that more sales were being done from vehicles in the parking lot at the hotel, than at the actual show…

Was all hearsay to me, as I’ve never been to a TCA show… Not sure how much truth was to it…

I think you have to be a TCA member to attend their shows, according to my TCA-member buddy. So that means you have to be into train collecting of the toy sort. Not sure if they have much to do with scale model railroading… But their shows are “Yuge.” My TCA friend tells me their York show takes up all the fairground show buildings – not “merely” Memorial Hall, as barely does the ECLSTS.