I looked through my email conversations with Phil around 2014, and he said he lost the instructions that he had on his website.
Thanks for checking, Bob. I emailed Wiseman a couple hours ago, maybe they have some ideas.
Well if Brad want’s to send me the kit I will gladly assemble it and make instructions as I go then send it back to him all free of charge. However I may add a few things.
Honestly I don’t know man this is certainly Amtrak of the 40’s if I’ve ever seen it.
Just look at all that junk underneath and on top. Black out the windows and call it done!
Thanks Bill. Not really similar, but yes, gives clues. I need the instructions though to replace missing parts.
I’ve asked Don Niday at Iron Creek Shops.
I do have one more lead and let everyone know if it pans out.
-Brad
Little late to the party but,
Don wasn’t real big on printed instructions but there is a little information available.
Will be home tomorrow and will look in my files (paper) I think I have most of what he and or Phil made available.
Well here is what I found.
A 12 page set on passenger car assembly, Phil’s redo of Don’s kits.
A half dozen pages on drop bottoms by Phil of Don’s old kits
and Don’s original 3 pages of car assembly.
Willing to send copies just pay copy and shipping cost’s
Thanks for looking those up, Rick. Is there a photo in the passenger car instructions showing what the car looks like? Mine are very short.
Cliff,
Perhaps you purchased the knock offs?
I’ve no idea what they are, except that the drover’s caboose kit in the same tub has instructions mentioning Don Winter.
Cliff,
Here are pictures of the cars that Phil produced based on the Don Winter originals. These are from Phil’s assembly instructions.
I also have pictures/instructions from Don’s Drover Caboose if you need them.
The cars aren’t really warped it is just the paper pages
Rick, thanks for going to the trouble, much appreciated.
My cars are about half that length… Maybe not DW kits after all? No clue.
I’ve got the instructions for the drover’s caboose, thanks for the offer.
Maybe NENG kits from Ted Stinson? I did one of his coaches a few years ago - I think Jim has it now.
Pete, does this stuff look familiar? The bodies are 11.5" to outside of end walls. Resin roof ends, cast white metal window frames, steps, railings. The roof wood is too long, but might be able to cut it down.
These were from a big lot of kits a widow was selling at ECSLTS a couple years ago. Unfortunately the parts were mixed up amongst numerous bins and boxes, and people had been buying individual parts from her before I aquired these. Hence the mix.
[oops… be nice to have pics…]
[nuther edit]
Looks like you’re right about about the coaches being NENG Pete,
Phil Dippel saw a post on another forum where I asked in anyone had these instructions.
He saved his word documents as a pdf’s and sent them to me, I was given permission to share them.Passenger Car Assembly-1.pdf (656.4 KB)
Passenger Car Painting.pdf (484.3 KB)
Brad,
Thanks for those. The castings & roof parts shown are the same that I have. Must be it.
Cliff
For my kits, either Don W. maybe a “shorty” version, or the modeler who started these cut the bodies down and didn’t proceed further. Since the roof boards are long, I’ll guess the latter.








