Large Scale Central

Don Winter passenger car kits

I notice the instructions didn’t cover body assembly. My kits have pre-assembled bodies, which seems odd… do yours?

Not particularly familiar, and as someone mentioned, the roof clerestory looks standard length, not short.
This is the catalog page from NENG. I built the combine which has 4 windows, while yours has 3.

I also suspect that yours were built as shorties from some full size kit. Don Winter coaches have a distinctive resin roof end, with a steep 90 deg curve with a vertical finish at the end. Yours look a bit like that.

Interesting, thanks Pete. Did your NENG kit have metal castings like I photographed?

Cliff,
I agree with Pete, those sure look like Don’s kit pieces cut down for LGB use.
Those trucks however are not Don’s at all, his trucks were 3 piece metal castings and a bugger to get tracking correctly.

Rick, maybe I’m misunderstanding, but… @PeterT seems to be suggesting that my kits are Ted Stinson / NENG. But from the instructions posted by Brad, and looking at the piece parts, they look to be Don Winter, but like I suggested, cut down.

Thanks again for your DW car photos. And roger that on the trucks. They seem way overkill for shorty cars.

These parts (posted from Bob’s original build) sure look like what I have.Even the bags for small items.

Sorry for the delayed reply, yes mine was prebuilt also and got the impression that is how they came from Don.
-Brad