Large Scale Central

Divorce puts strain on families

We all know that divorce usually puts a terrible strain on the family…
It often has far going psychological consequences… Concerned, Zubi

“o LGBoA will glue Dr. Wilfer figures in all of the remaining starter set
locomotives and re-label the boxes as Piko products”
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LGBFamily/message/4226

Zbigniew Struzik said:
We all know that divorce usually puts a terrible strain on the family... It often has far going psychological consequences... Concerned, Zubi

“o LGBoA will glue Dr. Wilfer figures in all of the remaining starter set
locomotives and re-label the boxes as Piko products”
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LGBFamily/message/4226

Zubi,

And who started that poll??? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m reasonably certain it wasn’t McMoron. Too much HUMOUR in that poll! :wink: :slight_smile: :wink:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Zubi,

And who started that poll??? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m reasonably certain it wasn’t McMoron. Too much HUMOUR in that poll! :wink: :slight_smile: :wink:

Hans-Joerg, I do not know, I know I that I thought it was funny - I got giggles… Zubi

Isn’t it amazing that someone thinks they can predict what LGBoA will do with its remaining LGB products?
Only LGBoA alone knows.
Ahh, armchair CEO’s again!

jb

But, but, but JB … they have known all along since that fateful day in Sept 2006, so why would they stop now?

Zbigniew Struzik said:
Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Zubi,

Hans-Joerg, I do not know, I know I that I thought it was funny - I got giggles… Zubi

So did I!

There are days when I feel like an explorer; generally accepted theory (I’m sure you’ll correct me :wink: ) is, the densest matter in the universe is found in “black holes”. That is until one reads certain contributions by a certain “entity” on the Family Feud. Those are the times one is tempted to shout “EUREKA! I found the real seat of absolute density”. :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

Trainworld has if anything INCREASED prices for LGB since the vaporization, not lowered them. Ebay is just as bad…

Now that LGB is basically kaput as far as sales to the USA, prices of any remaining product will undoubtably reach astronomical levels.

The guys who collected it for its monetary value will cash in. The guys who are dyed in the wool, won’t-run-anything-but-LGB fanatics will pay through the nose. And the guys who simply want something that isn’t available from Bachmann/AC/USAT will be left in the cold.

My five year old daughter likes to pull out the old LGB product books to look at the trains. Last weekend she was marking the ones she “wanted to buy” with sticky notes. I went through the pages with her and told her what I though each would cost. “That one will be about $1500.” “That one will be about $1000.” Etc.

After a while she said “I don’t think I can afford these trains daddy…”. Then she put the book back and pulled out an Aristocraft catalog. Good thing she’s not into buying track. :wink:

Paul

Ray Dunakin said:
Now that LGB is basically kaput as far as sales to the USA, prices of any remaining product will undoubtably reach astronomical levels.

The guys who collected it for its monetary value will cash in. The guys who are dyed in the wool, won’t-run-anything-but-LGB fanatics will pay through the nose. And the guys who simply want something that isn’t available from Bachmann/AC/USAT will be left in the cold.

Ray,

Those “dyed in the wool guys” could crank up the economy. :wink: :slight_smile:
Seriously, some of those guys are so worried about the spare parts and warranty situation, it’s a bloody scream. These are the same people who have spouted for years that LGB is by far the best and most reliable make there is, ever was and ever will be, PERIOD. But man, oh man, do they worry about warranties! :lol: :lol:

Note to Vic, no kitbashing materials to buy? Don’t worry when McMoron and his buddies run into trouble (duh, I can’t fix it, duh) there will be perfectly serviceable junkers. Got a chain saw like that one time, clean, adjust, run DUH.
What the hell do they call that place where Homer Simpson is the smartest guy in town? (honest I don’t know, don’t watch that show) In any case, it’s almost time to rename LGBville!
Got an email yesterday with a suggestion for one more pseudonym for the multiple-personality guy, my mod on the suggested moniker is “Lordy G. (for Gangbuster) Butthead”. :wink: :slight_smile:

Name-calling is a form of ad hominem attack that draws a vague equivalence between a concept and a person, group or idea. By linking the person or idea being attacked to a negative symbol, the propagandist hopes that the audience will reject the person or the idea on the basis of the symbol, instead of looking at the available evidence.

The Institute for Propaganda Analysis (IPA), one of the first organizations to systematically study propaganda in the early 20th century, included name-calling in its list of common rhetorical techniques. “Bad names have played a tremendously powerful role in the history of the world and in our own individual development,” they stated. “They have ruined reputations, stirred men and women to outstanding accomplishments, sent others to prison cells, and made men mad enough to enter battle and slaughter their fellowmen. They have been and are applied to other people, groups, gangs, tribes, colleges, political parties, neighborhoods, states, sections of the country, nations, and races.” [1]

Examples of name calling include:

commie
fascist
pig
yuppie
bum
queer
terrorist
redneck
According to the IPA, we should ask ourselves the following questions when we spot an example of name-calling:

What does the name mean?
Does the idea in question have a legitimate connection with the real meaning of the name?
Is an idea that serves my best interests being dismissed through giving it a name I don’t like?
Leaving the name out of consideration, what are the merits of the idea itself?

In my experience it is sometimes quite hard to figure out what one pseudonym may mean, let alone if one finds that the same person uses several different ones. :wink: :slight_smile:

“Butthead” is apparently a fictional character from a comic strip. Qualities and characteristics unknown since I don’t read that comic, but the fictional part is IMHO quite suitable for a pseudonym.

…Usually recognizing a TWIT, then addressing the TWIT as such; solves many problems. It also upsets said TWIT to the point that the whole issue becomes very humourous…problem solved…

John Joseph Sauer said:
terrorist - What does the name mean?
After spending over around thirty years or so - on and off - fighting terrorists in my OWN country, I have VERY clear ideas about what constitutes a terrorist and what does not.

I would not call anybody a terrorist who was not one.

tac

Wise words, Terry…

John Joseph is correct in that there exists no generally accepted definition of “terrorism”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism In this context, Patrick J. Buchanan legitimately
asks “Is terrorism, then, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder?”
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5873.htm
What Terry refers to is a modern interpretation of terrorism which states that “it is violence
against civilians to achieve political or ideological objectives by creating fear.” Although this
definition is usually applied to acts of individuals or small groups, it does extend to state
terrorism (e.g. bombing of Warsaw, London, Hiroshima, Nagasaki all fall under this definition)
But, perhaps we should go back to lighter subjects or move this to Off-Topic. Best wishes, Zubi

(http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/BeavisButthead.jpg)

Hee…hee…he…he…he said 'butthead" He…he…hee Huh…huh…uh…huh…uhhh…Settle down Beavis, Uhhhhh…What? HJ, while the more technically challenged may indeed sell off the broken toys, I SERIOUSLY doubt they would attempt to sell it for anything less than what they payed for it, afterall: "Its LGB, its top of the line, even broke its worth top dollar, I paid X dollars I should get it back, and its not broke its ‘functionally challenged’ " :slight_smile:

Vic, come on … wait a minute … that “functionally challenged”, does that refer to the item or the owner? :smiley:

Zbigniew Struzik said:
John Joseph is correct in that there exists no generally accepted definition of "terrorism" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism In this context, Patrick J. Buchanan legitimately asks "Is terrorism, then, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder?" http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5873.htm What Terry refers to is a modern interpretation of terrorism which states that "it is violence against civilians to achieve political or ideological objectives by creating fear." Although this definition is usually applied to acts of individuals or small groups, it does extend to state terrorism (e.g. bombing of Warsaw, London, Hiroshima, Nagasaki all fall under this definition) But, perhaps we should go back to lighter subjects or move this to Off-Topic. Best wishes, Zubi
Hey, Zbig, I realize that you have to keep your adopted country happy, but lets not forget the Rape of Nanking, the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the sacking of Manila, and other atrocities committed by those who shall remain nameless.

I’m not worried about warranties on my LGB.
I just hope I can get a replacement motor or two if I need to.
Had I any foresight I would have bought a few for spares.
jb