Large Scale Central

Dear Bob

dear Bob,

i want to thank you for your efforts, that gave me a place to read about other’s achievements at largescaling and to brag about my own.
over the years this forum has become my favoriite LS forum.
user-friendly software, good modelling and tips as well as friendly banter.
just what i like.

but, from my personal and subjective viewpoint that is the past.
now, when i drop in once or twice a day, i notice, that many threads turn bitter.
largescaling and largescale forums are a hobby for me. i don’t expect a hobby to provide me with bitterness.

so i think, i am in for a break.
i will drop in now and then, to see, if i will feel more comfortable again with the forum.

anyhow, - thank you for some years of having had the chance to participate.

korm

All it takes is a couple of bitter know it alls to sour the whole forum. I will miss your posts Korm. Take care my friend and have fun.

Or people taking a factual discussion and turning it personal like you just did.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Or people taking a factual discussion and turning it personal like you just did.

Greg

I can’t possibly think you have a guilty conscience for your behavior in several of the threads you seem to be referring to. People like you never do. BTW, the “discussions” that turned Korm away turned into personal bashing, and strayed away from “factual” early on. If your goal was to turn members off, you are succeeding.

Korm - understand, but will miss your input etc. while you are away.

(http://www.analyticshero.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ignore_facts.jpg)

Sorry to see you go Korm but I feel you may have misinterpreted the reasons behind the unfortunate issue

Vic Smith said:

(http://www.analyticshero.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ignore_facts.jpg)

Sorry to see you go Korm but I feel you may have misinterpreted the reasons behind the unfortunate issue

Vic,

Yes of course facts can’t be ignored, but they did not have to turn into bashing by some members.

Greg Elmassian said:

Hey Hey Hey…The Sheriff is back in town…(LOL)

If I over step my bounds Bob I apologize, but I will say directly what others are soft stepping.

Greg and Joe, if you have a personal differences, please take it off the forum. I have no beef with either of you, but I don’t care to be caught in a cross fire between you two on this forum either.

Korm, sorry to see you go, you will be missed.

Bob C.

Bob,

All I did was say I will miss Korm on this forum and surmised why he was taking a break, and I got jumped on AGAIN.

“All it takes is a couple of bitter know it alls to sour the whole forum.”

Joe, I believe you threw the first rock. Had you left that statement out, I would have agreed that all you said was a fair well, however …

Bob C.

I guess someone in this thread does have a guilty conscience? Look at what a certain someone’s response was. Furthermore, I was posting to Korm.

Joe, I am not commenting on whether I agree or disagree with your statement, I AM saying this was not the place for it. All you succedded in doing was demonstrating why Korm is leaving. Like Korm I too tire of all the back biting, but I have a tough skin and will continue to both visit and post here simply because the knowledge some of those 'know it alls’a as you call them share is worth gleaning. And if I can learn and save my cash on the back of what they done, so be it.

Let’s let this die and allow others to wish Korm a fond goodbye.

Bob C.

So why aren’t you directing this to Greg?

Oh dear! The following is strictly my opinion!

1. One can read posts and/or threads selectively

2. There is no compulsion to read everything

3. There is no compulsion to comment everything, be it with “cute” GIFs or never ending “.”

And there’s another little item that irks a bit. It has been the custom (requirement?) for several years that one registers with one’s real name — I guess the real “Old Timers” got grandfathered in.

So if one’s name is Detlef Sierts it isn’t Korm Kormsen.

But as mentioned, as always strictly my opinion!

Bob Cope said:

“All it takes is a couple of bitter know it alls to sour the whole forum.”

Joe, I believe you threw the first rock. Had you left that statement out, I would have agreed that all you said was a fair well, however …

Bob C.

Emphisis on couple, it takes two to tango Joe, are you leading or following the dance?

(http://www.chyl.org/wp-content/uploads/icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-invisible-tango-partner.jpg)

You are way off base. I don’t remember bashing you are anyone else for owning/liking Aristocraft products. I do not presently own any. I most strongly object to a “couple” of members bashing other members as Kool Aide Drinkers for their beliefs, because “they” know it all. If members do not desire to believe what these forum gods have to say, they shouldn’t be put down, just because these forum gods have been around for 10+ years on these forums. I will not stand for bullying on forums or anywhere.

This thread kinda reminds me of politics, which i know I should’t go into however

A certain Kentucky paulotician claims we don’t need big government but yet his state recieves more federal $ then they pay out…

Yapiddy yap yap yap is all we hear on this forum, we are told to read but yet those that do read don’t undertand they are the “problem” I agree with Korm, this forum is on a downward spiral and now that he has said it, it’s only a matter of time before he is a “koolaide drinrker”

Nobody should care who owns tooling, it will get re used… eventually…

I doubt many people thought Aristocraft was $ sound… Keep pointing that out please…

Yeah some of their steam garbage was bad… Keep pointing that out please…

their diesels and rolling stock however was decent and had about the same problems as USA - But i’m on Koolaide for thinking that… … Keep pointing that out please…

Oh Polk lies … Keep pointing that out please…

Oh the container was half full … Keep pointing that out please…

Oh TATE lies … Keep pointing that out please…

Oh the 0-4-0 is from 2011, granted things are different but lets thrash it anyways, … Keep pointing that out please…

Oh Navins secretly undermining aristo to steal Crest from Polk, lol … Keep pointing that out please…

Oh what people say doesn’t affect the hobby, lol and ignorance is bliss, if Aristo had tried to look for a new partner, and that partner did any research on Aristo, I doubt they would invest after the excessive rants by a few on this forum

Keep pointing at others folks… All is fine with your behavior, those of us that are sick of it are the problem, lol

end rant

Joe Zullo said:

…Look at what a certain someone’s response was. Furthermore, I was posting to Korm.

Joe,
I fully agree with you on this bitterness that seems to have permeated BOTH well known LS forums. Both MyLargeScale and now LargeScaleCentral. Notice I ACTUALLY named the two forums by name. I take issue with a comment like your comment above, “a certain someone’s response was.” Be blunt…name names. A lot of mis-understandings about posts stem from this. I KNOW who you are talking about because I have had dis-aggreements with this individual on MyLargeScale and I finally just STOPPED answering his stuff! I just ignore him. Maybe I will get tossed from this site because of my blunt answer…so be it. Many are leaving MLS and now Korm is leaving LSC. Sad to see this man go because he is probably one of the nicer gentleman on these sites.

Joe, just a word of advice…just don’t read an offending post and try not to answer one of these offending posts. I now count to ten before I hit the reply button on these forums, even THIS response. Believe me when I say I agree with your comments 100%. We just need to get back to playing with trains and enjoying this hobby for what it is. Life is way to short for bitterness in a hobby. Bitterness is for a job. JMHO

Mark,

:slight_smile: