Large Scale Central

Dead Rooster Walking

Pete Lassen said:

a long time ago in a life far,far removed from current reality, I was a kindly 4 year old child with a taste for bread an butter. one fine day I had 2 slices of Wonders finest in my hands and was sent outside to enjoy the warm summer day. I sat on a tree stump and was joined by one of our peacocks and our Australian Shepard, Vicki. Life was good for all as I shared my hated crusts with Vicki and the male peacock, until all crust material was gone, the last pieces to the peacock as my grandpa had come out of his house 100 feet or so away, and Vicki had started toward him. The peacock, sensing his free lunch gone, attacked me, clawing and pecking as I attempted to cover and run it was scratching my face and hurting me when suddenly it was gone, Vicki the dog had grabbed it momentarily knocking it off me and my grandpa swiftly grabbed it as it was coming at me again and proceeded to windmill it about 3 or 4 times until its head was removed. I had several deep scratches, some still visible gouges, one within a inch from one eye and a long standing wariness anywhere near one of those time bombs, and I am not too fond of NBC either.

Note about my grandpa, he had long before my arrival lost his right arm to an old hay baling machine, so he literally saved me one handed. he hated wearing the hook thingy they had for him to wear.

Sorry about the distant relative, Rooster. Well not really, he started it.

I hear young pea hens taste good. Did grandpa stew the Peacock. I hate to see good meat go to waste

We had a Lil tiny Banty rooster that would attack me every time I went out to the barn. One time he started in just as I walked past the horse trough. I raised him with my shoe and flipped him in the water. After he went under for the third time, I lifted him out and let him go. He never attacked me again.

You could just have shown him a picture:

Bruce Chandler said:

You need THIS shirt, Rooster.

Yes I should own that shirt!

I could wear it to York on day one and wear my other new shirt that Boomer got me on day two.

Devon

I hear young pea hens taste good. Did grandpa stew the Peacock. I hate to see good meat go to waste

I seem to remember a lot of chicken and dumplins for a while, so I am now putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with peacock and dumplings. Funny thing is none of the other peacocks , I think we had 3 or 4 more were ever around us kids much. just the one that went off on me. I told this story to my grandkids and faked being scared of a peacock once and now they will warn me if there is one wandering around.

I do have aa belt with peacock feathers in it somewhere

I miss ya’ buddy !!

:rooster:

2 Likes