Large Scale Central

Dave's 2023 Mik Challenge

OK guys here’s my leap into the pond…

Every Town needed both a Dr. and an Undertaker… So I choose to Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

i’m already 2 days behind, make up time ahead. Board and batten.

And away we go

I love it, when the doc kills them, or the walk up the stairs give them a heart attack they don’t have far to drag the body to get it to the undertaker. Very cool can’t wait to see what you do with it.

One could install a slide or dumbwaiter (rather large dumbwaiter, however) from the top floor down to the funeral parlor to make the trip much easier on everyone involved :grin:

Looking forward to seeing your crafsmanship at work, Dave.

Great idea for a slide Dan. It has my mind zipping to images of “Sweeney Todd”?
Patients beware the good Doctor Pokem might actually be in cahoots with the Funeral Director.

Your build sketch certainly has an Old West feel to it.

I was thinking a Trap Door… They wouldn’t mind the drop…

The building was actually inspired by the one on Gunsmoke…

LOL!!

It’s almost as brilliant as our little town of Reedley. A retirement village is right next door to the new funeral home which is across the street from the cemetery. Very convenient.

Ooh, shades of Sweeny Todd! Just add the “meat pie” shop in the rear, haha!

Fun fact…The original Queen’s Hospital (namedin honor of HRHH Kalanikaumakaʻamano Kaleleonālani Naʻea Rooke who went door to door to raise funds for it) in Honolulu had a slide from the upper story to ground level to evacuate patients! I am not aware of any opportunistic undertakers nearby…

Eric

OK Gang… I’ve been conspicually absent from the Mik this year… But life has conspired against me a bit… But… Brother In Law has now gone back East where he comes from… I got caught up at the Studio… Got several Honey Doo’s done, so I have a couple of days to give to the Dr, and Finisher…

Got full size plans drawn up this morning…

And then Froze my finger off cutting the 5/8" Burch Ply…

And I think it fits up…

Up next: Glue Up, and then Waterproof with TightBond III

glad you are making it in.

Well good news and a bit of a delay for my Mik,

So very early this morning… Headed out to Antonito CO. for the next 4 Days… Will delay my Mik work…

But… this is what I’m doing instead…

YUP… working on the real live thing D&RGW 315. We’re re-assembling after her 15 year FRA required 1472 inspection… Scheduled to run Passengers on the C&TS the end of May…

FUN FUN FUN

4 Likes

That looks like enjoyable work, Dave. Have a good time and be safe.

SO got back last night from Antonito CO. and working on D&RGW 315. She should run under her own steam in 3-4 weeks… some Driver bearings need some more work, but thats in the works…

Finally got a start on Mik 23, Spent part of the day on gluing up little boards to the backing. I’m using 5/8" Birch Ply, a bit of overkill, but it’s what I had in hand, ( BTW with the Russia thing going on, Birch Ply supplies have all but dried up ).

Got the bottom layer on the back wall slayed in…

I’m going to need to cast up some resin for the doors and the windows… so a bit of added time to be concerned with…

Stand by:

Worked last night and got the back wall siding all done… Progress…

And layed out the door and siding on the Right side wall, will have stairs and a landing.

Stay Tuned…

3 Likes

Hopefully you will have enough time to get a completed building ready for beauty shots ! Looks really good so far!

Spent the first part of the day casting Doors and windows… Still more to do… but enough to continue building.

Spent the rest of the day getting the right side all done up…

There will be a landing at the door, and stairs going down.

Starting on the front maybe later tonight… 2 sides done, two to go…

Stand by…

2 Likes

Spent today laying up the front wall of the Dr’s Office…

three wall down 1 more to go…

And then onto the balcony and stairs…

Stay tuned

1 Like

Woot! Looking good! :innocent:

extramile

Nice handy work, Dave. I like board and batten siding. I may be seeing some of that in my future.

Bruce, don’t let my wife see that sign :grimacing: Since I told her not to bury or cremate me when its my time, that might give her the solution she is looking for :laughing:

very nice Dave. Gonna be a nice building