Large Scale Central

CVSRy. re-motors 45 Ton M-10 & M-11 with EMD prime movers

I might be considered a steam guy, but I love big engine & machinery sounds. When RailPro introduced a new diesel sound replicating the EMD 645-12 engine I had to audition it. I ran it in just one of my 45 Ton diesels at first, sticking with the GE 7FDL-16 in the other. I was significantly impressed, so I uploaded it to to the other. Adding a big speaker in the trail car “Shorty” really enhances the low end.

Here is a short raw video of M-10/M-11 in an multi-unit lash up that begins with the loco start-up sequence, then the train notches up for a run-by…

Rather impressive. Sounds good!

Nice work.

I just need them to introduce a sound file that’s good for the rail truck and I’ll be OK. (It’s strange, they have the horn, but NOTHING else)

I’m sure the problem with rail trucks is not enough demand.

When I first got into RailPro, Richard Beverly loaned me his hand controller. In return I promised to help him with some rail truck sounds. Only ring can create the files that follow motion, but I did manage to put together a reasonable loop that is just on or off. If I can locate it I’d be happy to send it your way. I’m not sure if I still have your email - I’ll look for both.

Hi Guys, I was talking to Tim Ring about more sounds. He has on the list articulated steam, Rail Bus-gas and electric locomotive. We need to email him making these suggestions. The more we contact him , maybe sooner we get the sounds. Getting good audio is the challenge. [email protected]

Don

Don Sweet said:

Hi Guys, I was talking to Tim Ring about more sounds. He has on the list articulated steam, Rail Bus-gas and electric locomotive. We need to email him making these suggestions. The more we contact him , maybe sooner we get the sounds. Getting good audio is the challenge. [email protected]

Don

I encourage every one that wants this to email them as well. I did and got the following response:

Jon,

Sorry to jack up the thread however your findings with “Power and Sound” builds over the years has been more than impressive!

Lets jump back in the day in the hood…Inserting Wavy Lines

Really glad I saved those pics !

Rooster said:

Really glad I saved those pics !

Me too! Great memories (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)That lash up was a crazy combination of series-parallel wiring between speakers in each loco and the sound car that had two Minimus 3.5’s and a Phoenix 2K2 in it!

And I have a few from that run day as well. One of my favorites…

Fan sniffing was all the rage back than ! However it definitely was fried causing the TE to constantly shut down.

(https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)