Large Scale Central

CVSRy Over-Engineering Dept. proposes to cover Deep Cut

David Russell said:
What will be used as the "small stuck person" retrieval tool?
Propane and a spark ignition, applied from the forward access hatch :D

Now were talking Jon!

“Were”…don’t you mean “We are” or “We’re”…the sentence would make more sense that way…

Just trying to be helpful…please don’t take offence…

Joe, with all the trees that seem to be around in your yard, why don’t you find someone in your area who cuts trees for lumber. Cut that tree down and slope the bank of the cut so it will not be a problem. You will also get rid of the root in the way! If your weather is similiar to ours, sooner of later an ice storm will come along and damage the pine tree and it will have to be cut down.

Fred Mills said:
"Were"....don't you mean "We are" or "We're".......the sentence would make more sense that way....

Just trying to be helpful…please don’t take offence…

Father,
May I suggest that if your going to correct my grammar, please take note there is are two spelling’s for offence or offense. Here south of the border we tend to use the latter. With that said I will not be attending the family reunion this year so your going to have to pour your own beverage as I will not be there to do such considering you “offended” me!
With love son # 8,675,309
:wink:

Rough Year for a Rooster

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/jgolding/Rough%20year%20for%20a%20rooster.jpg)

Ron Hill said:
Joe, with all the trees that seem to be around in your yard, why don't you find someone in your area who cuts trees for lumber. Cut that tree down and slope the bank of the cut so it will not be a problem. You will also get rid of the root in the way! If your weather is similiar to ours, sooner of later an ice storm will come along and damage the pine tree and it will have to be cut down.
I don't know about you, but I like the shade. If I were to have your worries about storms, I'd cut down all the trees or buy a house in the middle of a field :D

Ric Golding said:
Rough Year for a Rooster

OMG!!! As I was taking a sip of my beverage about 5mins ago I opened this thread again …so needless to say it took me 5mins too respond as I had to clean the beverage off my monitor,computer desk and myself after it projectiled everywhere through my nose. That just made my week/ actually month…still laughin’…needed that bad!!! Thanks Ric! LMAO :slight_smile:

Jon Radder said:
I don't know about you, but I like the shade. If I were to have your worries about storms, I'd cut down all the trees or buy a house in the middle of a field :D
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I did that..... Except, I built a house in da middle of a field..... :)

Ric Golding said:
Rough Year for a Rooster

Nice Rooster!!! Was the picture taken after it got hit by that dog,

Looks like the Rooster has no feathers left to ruffle.

Hey wait - That was on [u][i]PAGE TWO[/u][/i]

Andy Clarke said:

Ric Golding said:
Rough Year for a Rooster

Looks like the girls got tired of him talking about boobs and kicked roosters ass LOL that is a great picture

Shawn said:

Andy Clarke said:

Ric Golding said:
Rough Year for a Rooster

Looks like the girls got tired of him talking about boobs and kicked roosters ass LOL that is a great picture

Nah, That’s what happens when you tag one of my coaches :smiley: Ralph

JON,
Thank you… page 3!
Shawn,
Fear the old guys!
:wink:

Ric is my hero right now!

Need to shrink that Avitar a bit dude.

EDIT: good Job - It works !

Sorry, I was not talking about all the trees in your yard, just that one. I like shade too, I have a large water oak in the middle of my layout which shades half the layout in hot southern summertime (to the irritation of a number of my Dwarf Alberta Spruce who would like a little more sun) and covers about the whole layout with 3" of leaves in the fall. I do not have a worry about storms, but I have seen what a downed tree can do to a layout and a pine tree did to my shop! But you do what is best, I look forward to seeing whatever the final outcome.
Ron

Ron Hill said:
Sorry, I was not talking about all the trees in your yard, just that one. I like shade too, I have a large water oak in the middle of my layout which shades half the layout in hot southern summertime (to the irritation of a number of my Dwarf Alberta Spruce who would like a little more sun) and covers about the whole layout with 3" of leaves in the fall. I do not have a worry about storms, but I have seen what a downed tree can do to a layout and a pine tree did to my shop! But you do what is best, I look forward to seeing whatever the final outcome. Ron
No need to apologize. If I had seen that rooster picture before your post, my reply would have taken on an entirely different tone :)

I see your point, but the trees make a nice border / view block to the street and neighbors house. It is a royal pain finding plantings that will grow in both shade and the acidic soil created by the pine droppings, but I’ve had some luck with a few.

There is a huge swamp Maple, 30+ inches at the base and probably 60 foot high, within 10 feet of my house. Someday it will take out either my house, or my neighbors. Hopefully we won’t be under it at the time. There’s no way I could afford to take it down because of where it is. Around here, no one will do the labor for the wood.

Jon, my son;

If when at one of the Invasions, here in Ottawa, you talk with my neighbour, Mike…he visits his daughter in Connecticit on a regular basis…he might be talked into visiting your place, and doing a “Tree Job” for you at a fair price…he is very good at that. He was a lineman for the Hydro, and learned the ropes about tree felling. He might even visit youy and bring along some of his excellent whine…

As for that one Spruce that is at the end of your wye; it’s a piece of cake…It appears to have lots of room for felling…just cut it out and be done with it.