Large Scale Central

CVRR Electric Motor Car #15

Ric Golding said:

Rooster,

Where is that picture taken in relationship to the location of your house? Great history stuff!!!

Ric,

My house is about 2 blocks away heading east from the station ( the motor car is unloading milk cans on the west side of the station). Where you guys parked out back had you driven straight up the alley following the RR tracks to the northside you would have run into it (1 block south of the town square). I’m a total sucker for history and historical stuff but I still love my modern day railroading and Amtrash!

Lou Luczu said:

Please display at the table in “The Alcove”, then to the D&B.

Possibly the Alcove if it’s finished.

Great looking model Mr. Rooster , glad you didn’t paint it silver.

Ric Golding said:

Rooster,

Where is that picture taken in relationship to the location in your house? Great history stuff!!!

His living room …

Sean McGillicuddy said:

His living room …

Nope

Yes Hollywood I counted the chain links ^^^

Came up with a solution that I’m ok with for the hand brake. Cleaned up the flash on the Bachmann brake wheels then sprayed them. Have some more clean up work yet and a bit more detail to do but getting real close to calling it DONE as I need this project finished before the middle of March! Think the lettering on the board and car number will make it “pop”.

Looking very sharp Rooster.

Need to add decals then calling it done.

Beautiful

Amazing what a beak and wings can build!!! That is an awesome job Rooster

Very impressive, Rooster.

" Rooster " said:

Ric Golding said:

Rooster,

Where is that picture taken in relationship to the location of your house? Great history stuff!!!

Ric,

My house is about 2 blocks away heading east from the station ( the motor car is unloading milk cans on the west side of the station). Where you guys parked out back had you driven straight up the alley following the RR tracks to the northside you would have run into it (1 block south of the town square). I’m a total sucker for history and historical stuff but I still love my modern day railroading and Amtrash!

Very cool! Yeah, I’d like the good old days, except for the desire for air conditioning and the internet and modern medicine and microwaves and better roads, and a whole lot of everyday stuff that I can’t even think of right now. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Good job on the railings. Is that “rattle can” work or with an air brush? Impressive!

Beautiful.

Impressive!

Ric Golding said:

Good job on the railings. Is that “rattle can” work or with an air brush? Impressive!

Ric,

You know airbrushing is way to tedious for me. I prefer Krylon rattle cans but Rusteloum had the color I was after this time and only available in a gloss finish. So the paint work ain’t that great but I’m ok with it.

All,

Thank you for kudos and was kinda waiting on final pics till I got the vinyl lettering on it. However here is the rest of that side of the car for paint work and overall inspection of that side. It was a fun 2 months weekend build and it will serve a purpose but it ain’t that impressive. I’ll probably bring it to York so you can see the mistakes. Roof details are very fragile as I went cheap knowing it will be a static untouched display. The historical research I have done on that branch line of the CVRR is incredible and even more fun.

Joe Zullo said:

Impressive!

Joe,

Get rid of the button…edited because Sean beat me to it

Jon Radder said:
Nice. So, now you need to hand lay some light track to set it on!!

Left over PCV material 1/2" thick cut down to 3/8" width from one of the numerous viaducts I made. Spikes are on order and the light track has been donated (thank you Jim Rowson and Bob Cope!)

YOU GUYS EXPECT TOO MUCH FROM ME ANYMORE !