Large Scale Central

Collecting RR memorabilia

So I’m guessing there is a seating area in the cab front so you can look out the windows? But, does the headlight work?

Not sure Wayne.

I wanted to see it when it was attached to the pub and in quite good condition. I can’t find any photos on the web from that era, though it was in Lonely Planet guide books.

My understanding is that it has not been maintained and been removed from the front of the house. Reportedly it is to undergo a big renovation for a hobby shop.

Guys;

It’s kind of confusing to me. Looks like the locomotive is lettered for Virginian Railway, but it appears to be an EMD F unit. The Virginian never bought from EMD, so what gives?

Regards, Davie Meashey

P.S. Could it be an Australian road?

As the 1930’s radio show stated …" The :rooster: knows "

IMG_9027

Yes Dave it’s the old Victorian Railway Emblem. (Sometimes it included wings as shown above)

Here is an excerpt from the link above:

• The B Class were built under license from the American company Electro-Motive Diesel by Clyde Engineering, Granville NSW for Victorian Railways (their first mainline diesel locomotives) from 1952-1953. They were based on the EMD E/F units, but differed in that they had cabs at both ends of the single unit.

• Due to their distinctive nose, they were known as Bulldogs. Out of the 26 built, only five have been scrapped, while eleven were converted to A Class locomotives, four were withdrawn and stored, three were preserved in museums, and three are still in service.

• B67 went in service on December 2, 1952 and taken out of service on October 18, 1984 after traveling 3242153 miles. It was scrapped in April, 1988 with one of the noses being preserved and placed to look as if it were crashing out of the pub in the Station Hotel at 96 Greville Sreet, Prahran (suburb of Melbourne), Australia.

Link to More VR Stuff

!!!

I don’t even do diesel, but wow!!!

Thanks Bill;

Sorry for the confusion, but the old Virginian had a very similar color scheme. The classic Lionel Virginian Trainmaster diesel is a good example.

Best, David Meashey