Large Scale Central

code 332 brass track pricing

Anyone have a good estimate what used 5 foot straight LGB brass track with all the ties replace is going for these days?

Dan

a quick glance at ebay and lgb track is averaging about $6.00 a foot for boxes of 6 4 foot sections Not sure how much used would be

Did LGB make a 5’ ? I thought only Aristo had those. The LGB 4’ straight is much more common.

None of it is cheap anymore. $5- $6 a foot sounds about right.

in '83 i bought a tube full of five foot (1.50 meter) so called “flexrails” (just as rigid as the sectional stuff) from LGB. the (1 ft.) sleeper webs were sold separately.

four foot (1.20 meter) was the longest sectional track they did sell then.

I still have a few of those flexible sections on my line…I bought them a LONG time ago! I think this is the third layout they were set up on…some have been relocated here too, sometimes several times! LGB track is good stuff (was good stuff?(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif))

Pete Lassen said:

a quick glance at ebay and lgb track is averaging about $6.00 a foot for boxes of 6 4 foot sections Not sure how much used would be

I just bought some code 1000 aluminum rail for my 1-1/2" engines and rolling stock. I actually paid $5.40 per foot including ties and stainless screws to fasten the rail to the ties! The ties are plastic with molded tie plates and they are pre-gauged and have the screw holes molded in place. These 45mm track manufacturers are going to price themselves right out of business at this rate. :frowning:

Check with your local garden railroad club. SVGRS (in Sacramento) sell new rail in tubes and boxes of new ties for $2.50 per foot. Our used (as is) rail goes for $1.25 - 1.50 depending on condition. We’ve also got a lot of code 250 aluminum for $1.35 - 1.50 Right now, we’re out of stainless steel, but we do have some from time to time.

I was very fortunate, and had my ear to the ground; was offered a bunch of 5 foot used Aristo track in good shape for $15 a length…and in Canadian 50 cent dollars at that, and no tax…

…so there ARE bargains out there for those that keep in contact, and their ears open…

“…so there ARE bargains out there for those that keep in contact, and their ears open…

Yep !

btw, “…$15 a length…and in Canadian 50 cent dollars at that…

That translates into $11u.s. (cash) per 5’ length, today.

ref. tool; http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/daily-converter/?page_moved=1

doug c

I use Train-Li track. A box of brass 10x 6’ is $335, so that’s $5.58 +shipping. This is flex track (with rail and ties), so you can bend it or not bend it. You can also get your choice of US vs. Euro ties, and brown vs. black.

Dan Stuettgen said:

Anyone have a good estimate what used 5 foot straight LGB brass track with all the ties replace is going for these days?

Dan

Are you looking to see what to offer someone who is selling or are you looking to compare with others ? 5 ft LGB is the flexi’ stuff and code 332 like the rest of their stuff. In the UK (ok possibly not much good to you) used LGB flexi’ and set track (set lengths and R1/R3/R5 curves) go at around $5 per foot. Check what lengths the flexi’ has been cut as a lot have been used on curves.

Beauty of LGB code 332 is that as the market standard there are a lot of code 332 brass rail compatibles - Piko/Trainline/Bachmann/Aristocraft/USAT/Accucraft, all with matching flexi’/set track/switches/crossings that will fit to it without need of adapters. Check the dealers and Ebay for the best deals on new/used and take your pick. Max.

Code 250 all the way! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Track power! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Code 250 Aluminum n plastic ties over concrete and ballast

Rechargeable Li batteries

Revo remote

It doesn’t get any better than this

Bill

I was trying to make a joke…

A guy makes a simple question about 332 brass…

Then we start talking about code 250

Now we are off in battery power…

Pretty darn funny how eager we are to derail even a simple question.

Greg

Greg, well sometimes we don’t take the time to fully digest what the OP was asking before we chime in. I am trying to get better with that, so I don’t take the thread too far off course.

So, what is the average going price for used LGB brass track with replacement ties?

Greg was SO right on this one. These guys are so easily distract

SQUIRREL!

ed.

Lou Luczu said:

Greg was SO right on this one. These guys are so easily distract

SQUIRREL!

ed.

1.5 meter pieces of LGB rail are 59" long. A “five foot” section with 5 tie sections and 2 rails makes up what is considered a 5 foot section of track, although having to be made up and not available from LGB assembled.
Go to Trainworld.com click on LGB track to see what is available and the cost, bear in mind that shipping is additional.
Rail joiners are also used and their cost must be included.
The longest assembled LGB track sections available are LGB # 10610 which are 47 1/4" long, each or a box of six.

Greg Elmassian said:

I was trying to make a joke…

A guy makes a simple question about 332 brass…

Then we start talking about code 250

Now we are off in battery power…

Pretty darn funny how eager we are to derail even a simple question.

Greg

It would also help if when questions are posed that they are qualified in some way to get a better defined response. I see so many threads started by a very open question that garners a good deal of what seem reasonable, but broad based, responses only to have the original poster say “What I meant…”.

Interesting - never seen second hand LGB flexi’ offered with refreshed ties. just as it came out the garden. I realize in the UK/EU we don’t have the sometimes harsh conditions in parts of the Americas that might degrade LGB’s plastic but… Max.