Large Scale Central

code 332 brass track pricing

I recently picked up some slightly used 43"-46" (previous owner cut them down) track for about $3 per foot. If you look hard enough, bargains are out there.

Looks like I opened a can of worms here with my question. But from the answers that everyone has provided it seems that I got an exceptional deal on some brass track I purchased at a recent local tain show. I purchased 19 sections of 5 foot brass flex track with newly replaced tie strips for 2.00 per foot. The brass is a little tarnished, but thats ok with me as I am using Battery anyway. There were two guys at the show that had Brass track and one was selling 4 foot sections for 6.00 per foot and I was thinking about buying it, but when I came across this other guy that had the used 5 ft sections stuck down in a weed eater box stuck off in a corner. When I asked him what he wanted to it and said 2.00 per foot, I said sold, I will take it all. There was no way I was going to pass up such a deal. I figured if I didnt use it on my outdoor layout, that I could always use the rail to make my own #6 Brass turnouts and save a huge amount of money as I need 12 turnouts and the last I checked #6 turnouts were going for about 134.00 each for Brass #6’s.

Thanks again everyone for your input. Oh and for you guys that use 250 rail, Thats what I am using on my indoor layout.

Dan

Dan

You got a heck of a deal!

Tom