Large Scale Central

Christmas Train Thread - 2022 Edition

OK, I’ve been less active than usual. My vow to leave the lanai clear of projects has been killing me. Dormant project ideas aside (The Mik is coming!), the Triple O is active, with a couple LSC projects back in service for the holidays ( Rehab of the Missile Sponges Part the Second - Christmas Thomas and Bachmann 4-6-0 Periodically Stops and Whines).

Normally about this time, someone starts the annual Christmas Train thread, so I thought I’d do it this year in absence of actually doing any modeling at the moment. Written in the style of OR&L advertisements, here we go…

The Oberammergau, Ogden & Olomana Railroad (the famed “Triple O”) and the M&K Sugar Co. are again pleased to offer festive rail services from now through 6 January 2023 as part of your Advent and Christmas traditions!

Pride of the Triple O, North Star, is ready to carry passengers in first class comfort. North Star underwent extensive engineering maintenance over the summer, ensuring you and yours a comfortable Holiday experience on the mainline of the Triple O.

Due to popular demand, the Triple O is excited to announce a second set train to cruise the mainline through Advent and Christmas! Elu’elu, recently acquired from a mainland narrow gauge line, and her crew are also eager to show your family our islands in a way only possible by rail!

The M&K Sugar Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Triple O, will again offer a more rustic and laid-back Holiday experience behind a specially trimmed cane hauler, appropriately named Christmas Thomas. Departures are scheduled. Returns stay on island time!

Whether you choose to ride the mainline rails in steam powered luxury or enjoy a “Country Christmas” on the permanent rails of the M&K Sugar Co., the Triple O looks forward to hosting you and yours! And remember, whatever your reason, whatever the season, when visiting the Islands tell your travel agent, “Eh! I like go on the Triple O!”

1 Like

The Babs River Railway will be open the. next 2 weekends Saturday and Sunday from 4pm til 8pm , if anyone is in the Phoenix Metro area let me know and I will send an Address and addresses of other members of the club( Arizona Big Train Operators)

. More decorations will be added after rain stops tomorrow

1 Like

We don’t do a Christmas layout since the kids grew up. This oldie but goody is our first around the tree layout and my start in Large Scale, 20 years ago…

USA Trains (And the New Haven RR) even cooperated with the engine number…

I still have that train. Along with a few other New Haven cars it is the entirety of my 1:29 collection that has been mothballed for many years.

1 Like