Large Scale Central

Chris de Boischaut....Goodbye everybody!

Chris de Boischaut…Goodbye everybody !

There’s an old friend of mine on this forum and he doesn’t like me.

So, I must leave before we’ll put this house on fire…

It’s the big rule #1 on this forum :

“Stay cool or stay out !”.

But I’m still reading this great forum.

Thank you very much for your welcome.

Have a nice day !

Chris de Boischaut

Well hell, if everyone left because someone here doesnt like them, Id have to leave too.

Chris, we hardly knew ye.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Chis,

Don’t let this bone head take away your enjoyment of your hobby. If he/she doesn’t like you, let them deal with it not you. You should stay just to make their life miserable. Just hang in there.

Chester Louis SA #64 Hampshire County Narrow Gauge

If you truly watch the forums, you know I dont put up with the usual crap that happens on websites. I run a fairly loose set of rules, that everyone knows, or picks up pretty fast. Basically its “lets pretend everyone is in my living room” and behave accordingly.

Don’t worry, I’m only going outside to clean the yard because I’m tired of listening to The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain!

Chris,

We in the United States believe in the 1st Amendment of our Constitution - “Freedom of Speech”.

We encourage you to continue to contribute your ideas/questions/feedback etc. If someone disagrees with your option, then that is their privilege. Doesn’t make you ‘wrong’ or them ‘right’. Remember, the French people gifted the Statue of Liberty to the United States which is a symbol of freedom for ALL people!

Your written English is just fine - wish I was bilingual.

Hope to see you back soon!

Jerry

It’s a public forum so you will always find someone that won’t agree with you, but it’s really up to you to be bothered or not.

Just ignore them.

Tske it from a guy who has a “negative following” ha ha!

(course the private attaboys far exceed the “blank you’s”)

Greg

Anyone that won’t post his real name, and resorts to a thing like “Deleted Member”, should be DELETED before “It” causes any problem…

The rule should be (IMO) REAL NAMES…real locations, and nothing to hide…If they won’t give real names, and not indicate the area of the country they live in…then DON"T LET THEM POST… I’d like to think that the people I chat with, here on LSC are honest, and real people…let them prove it when they sign in…

They can protect their privacy, and still allow others to communicate, with the registration Bob provides. Why hide behind a phony name…?

Fr.Fred/Fred Mills.

Well, Fred, before you go flying off the handle again, he had his name up there, Chris de Boischaut, he was from Quebec, He said Hi and a few other things, and you said Hi, and then he decided to leave, so he deleted his name and his info and said good bye. End of story…:wink:

In case you need a reminder: http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/18741/hello-i-m-a-huge-fan-of-g-scal

Chris,

keep on visiting, even if you do not wish to respond or post questions. Sometimes this site in previous years has seemed like a football match rather than Bob’s living room, but house rules these days are accepted by all.

I feel the secret is to separate the feed from the chaff. Let the chaff blow away in the wind, gone forever. Like in all families, members do not always see eye to eye. The written word does not always convey the true meaning of a response and so nerves may get a little frayed. What I may write may not necessarily be what is read or interpreted by the reader. This leads to confusion and occasionally conflict. Don your thick skin and venture back as there is a lot of information to be gleaned.

Fred, when someone REALLY leaves and requests their account deleted, it does say “Deleted Member”, the system does this.

Clearly he posted his good bye and then requested to be “deleted”.

Bob, please correct me if I am wrong on the assumptions above.

Greg

Corner FRED!

:wink:

Bob McCown said:

If you truly watch the forums, you know I dont put up with the usual crap that happens on websites. I run a fairly loose set of rules, that everyone knows, or picks up pretty fast. Basically its “lets pretend everyone is in my living room” and behave accordingly.

And this is why I am here. Most appreciated.

Yep!

I believe the issue started over on MLS and just spilled over to here. Too bad, one less indoor small layout guy using R1s for me to trade ideas with.

Greg Elmassian said:

Fred, when someone REALLY leaves and requests their account deleted, it does say “Deleted Member”, the system does this.

Clearly he posted his good bye and then requested to be “deleted”.

Bob, please correct me if I am wrong on the assumptions above.

Greg

Thats exactly it. He deleted his account, so now its “deleted member”. Nothing nefarious about it.

I think its sad that Chris chose to leave. I don’t get it, I mean what is so bad about having someone on here that doesn’t like you when there are so many more that do? Maybe us Americans have thicker skin and if someone doesn’t like us then we just say screw em?

It is also sad that the other forum can be a rough place sometimes, why I don’t know these trains are a hobby and are meant to be fun and there is no right way or wrong way only easy or hard but some guys sure can take a hard line with it.

Chris if you are still lurking here and reading and you want to learn more about large scale trains then sign back on you will have lots of friends here.

You should have seen this place when we had that “Off Topic” forum about 4 years ago. The sh!t was surely flying then until Bob had enough of the antics.

-Brian