Large Scale Central

Building the CR&N Deadline:July 2017

Huh were you guys saying something? I thought I heard a noise but figured it was just a bunch of hot air.

I was out in the garage making sawdust. I am starting some new projects, Christmas present.

I am starting some new projects

Yup, Devon is Devoning.

David Maynard said:

I am starting some new projects

Yup, Devon is Devoning.

Yupā€¦Devoning again :).

How about you and I try and finish some ā€œoldā€ projects? I have a cut of gondolas I should finish, and you have a rodless steam locomotive that could use some attention.

Nobody but me will want those for Christmas. Then again if I give them as gifts maybe someone will regift them and I will get them back. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

But I do agree I need to finish some old projects. I have the little logger loco that is begging me to work on it.

I like the idea of homemade wood gifts, I have been wanting to do that for a while, but never wound up with the time to finish before Christmas Making big things or small things?

Pete,

See here

I will be posting soon as projects begin to be finished. So nice to have the Shopsmith up and running again and I bought myself and early Christmas present in the form of a Nova G3 lathe chuck w/ accessories. I have already made a Christmas ornament for my move it is being lacquered. I have a yarn bowl for my mother-in-law just about done, I am making a light fixture out of old bottles and a pulley, A shadow box for sonā€™s girlfriend, and if I have time I am going to make an inlay picture for my wife.

Devon, and why does the wife come last? If you want to keep playing with toy trains, she needs to come first.

David Maynard said:

Devon, and why does the wife come last? If you want to keep playing with toy trains, she needs to come first.

lol well actually that is a good question. You see my wife gets all sorts of stuff that I make all year round, much of it she doesnā€™t want, but she is a good wife and it finds its way into our decor. This year she kinda hinted at what she wants and it is not something I will make. But if I find time she will get an extra present. So she did kinda end up last but only on the list of things to make.

AH. Ok.

Happy Wife ā€¦ Happy Life !! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Hmmmm its two days till christmas ā€¦ 2016 ends a week later ā€¦ Devon 2017 is around the cornerā€¦

Building the CR&N Deadline:July 2017

Devon 7 monthsā€¦ get bizzy ā€¦

Enjoy the Holidaysā€¦ then get to work!

Sean

I got an extension. Someone else took the clubā€™s July meeting so I have until August. And I have a plan and some free time. Once the new year begins I will be working on building the last of the ladder and building all of the rest of the bench work. I can do that all in my shop. By the time I can get outside in March I will be able to pour cement and install the bench and ladder in short order. My plan is to take a week off of work as soon as the weather breaks and get that all done in one fell swoop. Then I can move dirt and rock. Then lay track (or lay it as I go.) I think I will make it. Being done with school will make for a vast amount of weekend free time.

I WILL RUN TRAINS ON MY LAYOUT IN 2017!!!

Marry Christmas from the CR&N

One swell foop. yea, right.

Being done with school will make for a vast amount of weekend free time.

ROFL LMAO. Yea, like it ever works out that way.

David,

I never once said I didnā€™t live half in and half out of a fantasy world. Those lines get blurred often. But I have to at least attempt to have a plan.

Devon, I always have a plan.

The plans donā€™t usually work.

When they do, I am shocked.

When things work out even better, I am grateful.

We want to see you have the railroad of your dreams. Preferably close to the deadline. But, better late then never.

David Maynard said: But, better late then never.

I couldnā€™t have said that any better!

Sooo, Christmas is over,

school is done

Lets see progress

or we will make fun

Pete, you know we are going to make fun no matter what.

But yea Devon. You have Devoned this long enough. Its time for you to quit Butt Modeling and git back ta woik.

We areā€¦okā€¦you are on page 39 and we have yet to see the first through train. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Shhhhhhhhhhh, heā€™s hibernatingā€¦(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)