Large Scale Central

Build-a-RR event

Bruce Chandler said:
Ack. Those are way too EASY to strip! I need a challenge...the hex heads are much harder to strip ;) But, I do have some phillips head bits for the hammer drill.

I also have a 2 foot and a 6" level.

Ah, but the real challenge lies in breaking the head off.

I have a few power tools and other assorted instruments of destruction,…oops I mean construction, that I’ll bring along.

We use Robertson head screws…BTW…there is no need for a hamerdrill for driving deck screws…at least I’ve never seen the need for one, and I have one…BUT…when building PT roadbed; having lots of 8" C clamps is a must…I wish I could be at Bob’s for the “Event”.

I agree. There’s no need. You could use a manual screwdriver…

OMG, manual labor???

Manuel Labor is my cousin. He is from Tijuana. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bob, if you will pay my airfare from Mississippi, put me up and supply some peanut butter sandwiches and milk for food, I will come!

That’s this weekend, right? Has anyone arrived, yet?

Next weekend!

Oh! But the question is still the same, has anyone arrived yet? :wink:

Just me, but I’m generally here anyway. :wink:

Save something for the other guys to work on. They don’t want to just sit around, eat, drink beer and run trains all the time.

Ric Golding said:
Save something for the other guys to work on. They don't want to just sit around, eat, drink beer and run trains all the time.
Who says???? hah LOL that's sounds like fun too!! the sitting around, eating, and drinking beer, even if the trains don't run!! Hah LOL Regal
Ric Golding said:
Save something for the other guys to work on. They don't want to just sit around, eat, drink beer and run trains all the time.
Wait! I thought that's why we were going?????
Ric Golding said:
Maybe I should bring back all this beer, then?

…grinning…

Ric Golding said:
I thought that was the whole point of going..............;)

Camper is almost ready - de-winterized and sanitized the water system, installed the battery, connected shore-power, refilled the propane and tested all appliances last weekend. Saturday is supposed to be rainy so we’ll get the interior re-stocked and cleaned. Sunday it’s Moma’s day but I’ll be washing the roof & sides, checking the tires and greasing the hitch. Last night I finally repaired the mirror we lost in Mechanicsburg last October. I have a spare head now just-in-case.

I had hoped to get a lot of this done during the week this week, but my lawn, and lawn mower had other plans. Wednesday I did the front and started the back - but a BFR found it’s way into the mover deck. 2 blades and a belt later ($60 on Master Card) the mower was back on the job last night, only to run out of gas. Quick trip to town for gas ($17 on Master Card) and I was finally able to get the back lawn mowed before dark, and in time to cook some doggies on the grill (Priceless !!)

I hope to leave late Thursday AM and arrive at the CG at check-in time.

So Jon, how long is the drive to Bob’s for you?

Jon,
You mean you’re not going to swing by with the camper? :wink:

I suspect he’s about 3 hours from here.