Large Scale Central

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

15F with 15mph winds this morning.
Hasn’t been above freezing all week.
This Winter seems to be starting off just like last Winter.
Ralph

I know what you mean, 22* here in north east Pa this morning.

chuckger

Gee,
Looks like I need to go 500 miles north to warm up a few degrees :open_mouth:
Ralph

17 at 0732 and calm…it has been much colder this week than last…

Been dipping into the low 20’s here at night, mid-30’s during the day. Wood stove humming along nicely…

Our morning lows of been below freezing for the last month. The last week our highs have been below freezing with snow showers. Thats typical for us this time of year. Monday I had to stand in 28 degrees with wind gusts 35mph for ten hours. Not fun when you dont get to move around a lot. All because of this

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/12/at_least_150_bears_are_killed.html

Hope you weren’t having to stand there to protect the protesters. :wink: For real affective protest, the protesters should dress like bears. It could be more satisfying for everyone and maybe it would allow you to move around more.

Ric is more to protect the hunters as they check the bears in. We have also have to keep an eye in the woods because the anti people have been known to interfere with the hunters. Good ol NJ for ya.

Awww poor bears, while I don’t like seeing such a great animal like a bear being killed, having them in those numbers in proximity to people (even rural NJ has a pretty large population) is just asking for trouble so I can see the justification. Here they would tranquilize them and cart them out into wilderness areas for release, but NJ doesnt have any wilderness areas, unless you include Newark. :wink:

Even in Rural NY they will tranq, tag, and re-locate the “nuisance” animals but after re-locating them a certain number of times it becomes obvious that they need “put down”. It’s not nice but it IS realistic.

Chas

Bob McCown said:
Been dipping into the low 20's here at night, mid-30's during the day. Wood stove humming along nicely...
Our recently acquired wood burner sits under the carport awaiting install...can't get the help lined up to tote it in...

looks pretty durn cold most everywhere…

(http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif)

C. Nelson said:
Our recently acquired wood burner sits under the carport awaiting install...can't get the help lined up to tote it in...
We heat our house in the winter with it. Keep the thermostat at 55 to keep the house from freezing solid when we go away, but the stove can keep the house at a comfy 65-70, using about 2 cords of wood a year. Cheaper than anything else around here, and fun to boot.

We burn about 2 cord a year, too. It keeps the house nice and toasty.

C. Nelson said:

Bob McCown said:
Been dipping into the low 20’s here at night, mid-30’s during the day. Wood stove humming along nicely…

Our recently acquired wood burner sits under the carport awaiting install…can’t get the help lined up to tote it in…

Well, at least the car port will be warm…:wink:

(http://rgsgardenrailroad.com/0n30_003.jpg)

Got one of them too…TOASTY!!

Victor, you said - “Here they would tranquilize them and cart them out into wilderness areas for release, but NJ doesn’t have any wilderness areas, unless you include Newark. wink”

I wish we would do that with the protesters around here. We just make fun of them and send them back to the ghettos.

BBRRRRR…

Supposed to be 26F tonight in the panhandle of Florida (Panama City area) tonight. Shawn, I left NJ to get away from all this cold stuff. Where’s Al Gore’s global warming when ya need it?? :slight_smile:

Bob C.

Bob, you have to move to BC. Right now in south central BC it’s about 45 degrees! And warmer on the coast.

Crazy cold here today too, supposed to get colder… BRR.

I made the mistake of buying a propane fueled fireplace. Costs as much or more than the oil that it saves. I only run it when I’m in the basement working. With our last load of oil at $3.46/gal I’m thinking of an insert for the upstairs fireplace. Round these parts corn fuel is popular. I don’t like the idea of wood pellets - too much hassle to haul and store. Cord wood really sounds like the best deal. We have less than 1000 square foot on the living floor to heat.

16 degrees here, right now. Suppose to drop another couple of degrees. Marina is iced in and agitators are running. In the last 20 years, we’ve not had it this cold, this early at the marina. Back to 50 degrees by Friday and then a high of 26 degrees on Sunday with snow in the forecast. We’ll see.