Large Scale Central

Bob's Mik 2024 - The Fence Offensive

Bob you might want to have a look at tull for the build
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Special-Occasion-Fabrics/Tulle-Fabric/Red-Shiny-Tulle-Fabric/p/47297
I’ve even found it in 4 inch wide rolls

1 Like

Yep, but trying not to buy anything for the build. Unless I can’t find the mesh screen. It might be in the shed, it’s certainly not in my shop.

Well heck yes I will jump up and down and cry foul. Not because of anything he did but because of what I haven’t done. I have no fingernails left from biting them waiting for the green light.

2 Likes

I resemble that remark :rofl:

Found it. It was in the shed with all the other various rolls of hardware cloth.

2 Likes

That machine video looks like a Cliff project

That looks to be about perfect. I think that will work nicely. Far easier than trying to weave your own by hand.

Yeah, for Bob, but not near as much fun to watch for us spectators :grin:

Yea, it’s a 1/8" nominal weave, which in 1:20.3 works out to about 2 1/2 inch, just about perfect.

Last evaluation of supplies before building starts tomorrow. The welding rod looks pretty spot-on for size.

I thought it started the 14th? It starts on the 13th?

Jan 13th , 0001hr, Actual construction begins.

Well dang I better get the kids working on their pinewood derby cars today or tomorrow so I have no excuse.

I agree that welding rod looks great.

First 8’ section of fence blocked out to get a feel for how to build it. Now to start the assembly line production.

3 Likes

So you are going with traditional metal posts. You could print the acorn caps for them!

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the wire J wraps to hold it all in place. :smirk: :sunglasses:
shopping

This is Bob’s project, not Craigs :smiley:

Remember “Operational Quality” ?

Very realistic, Bob. Well done. What are you planning to use for scale barbed wire?