Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Update

Looks great Andy. Only one problem where are the steam trains?

Shawn said:
Me, Bart and Bruce couldn't make it this year..............;)

And I wasn’t allowed since my only diesel is an RS-3. :wink:

Hope all this nice looking work helped with the operations session. :slight_smile:

We had a very good Ops Session with really very few track or structural problems. Everything worked very well.

Shawn said:
Shawn, Aaron brought his Shay... But, I told him, he could only run it, if it could do a scale 35 MPH.... :) He said we'd have to run a ""parts pick-up"" train after his, so he could get his parts back... :)

Folks brought steam engines, only problem was, there’s only 2 places where one could turn a steam engine… One was in Bluefield, and the other was the interchange track at Woodlawn, but then they had to move and replace the freights cars that were sitting on both interchange tracks… :slight_smile: I tried to keep the steam engines all running with the cow-catcher forward… If a train ran to Memphis, then it dead-headed to Evansville, to pick up a train coming back, and visa-versa… I tried not to have them use the front couplers, as on most models, they usually don’t work very well…

Andy Clarke said:
Shawn said:
Shawn, Aaron brought his Shay... But, I told him, he could only run it, if it could do a scale 35 MPH.... :) He said we'd have to run a ""parts pick-up"" train after his, so he could get his parts back... :)

Folks brought steam engines, only problem was, there’s only 2 places where one could turn a steam engine… One was in Bluefield, and the other was the interchange track at Woodlawn, but then they had to move and replace the freights cars that were sitting on both interchange tracks… :slight_smile: I tried to keep the steam engines all running with the cow-catcher forward… If a train ran to Memphis, then it dead-headed to Evansville, to pick up a train coming back, and visa-versa… I tried not to have them use the front couplers, as on most models, they usually don’t work very well…

It sounds like yo have your work cut out for you, Andy. When can we expect the Turn Tables to be installed? :lol: :smiley:

Steve, not sure I will install turntables… I’ll have a “Y” turnaround eventually at Evansville and Memphis… My era is diesels, and if they run ““Non-elephant”” style, then there’s no need to turn them around… Both ends of the diesels have working couplers, so running long hood forward, is also an option…

Guys who run steam engines for ““Operations”” usually have front working couplers, but those who don’t ““Operate”” usually don’t worry about front couplers working on a steam engine…

I think Andy is just discriminating against Steam locomotives. :smiley:

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1998236/IMAG0466.jpg)

There was steam there…unfortunately Andy’s cars are really, really large and 8 was really too many for the poor 4-6-0. Next year I’ll have to add batteries to my 2-8-0. Also, for future reference Andy, any loco I bring to an operating session has a front coupler. How do you operate without a front coupler!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

All my steamers have front couplers even if I have to do surgery. I’ve even thought about using Kadees between the engines and tenders.