Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Sept work progress

After having 4 pieces of 1/2 inch steel tubing welded onto the basic frame, the first temp steel bridge has been installed on Hilltop Subdivison…

The following pictures are what Woodlawn looks like from the west side… The interchange is away from you in the picture…

The following pictures are the ““Hadley Forest”” area, after we got the dry creeks in…

Still have lots of work to do… But, it’s showing a little progress…

Temp steel bridge??? What’s the permanent one going to look like? :wink:

I’d have to disagree with your last statement - I think there’s been LOTS of progress. It’s looking great.

Thanks for the regular updates Andy. I got to agree with Bruce on the progress. What kind of grades are you keeping?

Wow! Lots of work there. The RR’s most impressive already.

Ton’s of progress!!!
Seeing these pictures gives me a much better understanding of your drainage, your RR is sittin’ in a bowl but from what I can make out of the pics of the dry creeks and piping in areas it seems you have thought this out quite well. I want to come out and run after a hellish downpour…I bet it’s wicked lookin’
:wink:

David Marconi said:
What kind of grades are you keeping?
D's and F's?
David Marconi said:
What kind of grades are you keeping?
DaveM, mostly F's for the first 3 quarters, and then I finagle them up to D- 's for the last quarter.... :) Sorry, DavidR got me going.... blame him..........

I have been trying to keep the grades to 1 and 1/2 inches over 8 foot… If I figure right, that’s just a little under 2%… If I figured it wrong, I got no idea what grade it is…

Thanks for the comments guys, I do appreciate them… :slight_smile:

My Goal for this year, was to have the Woodlawn Interchange in and a bridge across the Sparta Cut for the Hilltop Subdivision… I will put in a temporary 20 ft loop off the south end of the Hilltop Subdivision bridge… This will give me a somewhat Dogboned layout, to run on… Tracks still need a little ballast work, then I can have pictures of trains running… :slight_smile:

Looking real good Andy. Id say your grades look more like A’s and B’s :smiley:

Jon Radder said:
Looking real good Andy. Id say your grades look more like A's and B's :D
Brown noser! :)
David Russell said:
Jon Radder said:
Looking real good Andy. Id say your grades look more like A's and B's :D
Brown noser! :)
he only gets A's when his better half is helping him. :)

Looks great Andy…you have more invested in track then I have in my house…:wink:

Thanks guys… :slight_smile:

OK, here is the shot of the bridge, after the return loop was installed…

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/andyc/Outside%20Layout%20Pictures/Sept%2012%202009/Hilltop%20Temp%20Return%20Loop%20Pic%201%2009-18-09.jpg)

Still needs to be ballsted for support… Will be done this weekend… This gives the outside track a ““Dogbone”” effect track plan, looping at Hilltop and Looping at Woodlawn, with a side venture into the basement…

Andy Clarke said:
OK, here is the shot of the bridge, after the return loop was installed…

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/andyc/Outside%20Layout%20Pictures/Sept%2012%202009/Hilltop%20Temp%20Return%20Loop%20Pic%201%2009-18-09.jpg)

What’s up with the return loop? Looks like you have room for several thousand feet of track across that bridge :wink: Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
What's up with the return loop? Looks like you have room for several thousand feet of track across that bridge ;) Ralph
Ralph, eventually, the lines will both go to the tree line. The EVWR branch line will do a half circle at the tree line and come back east of the hilltop, and half circle under the Hilltop Subdivision, then follow it back out almost to the treeline on the west side ..

Hilltop will go to treeline and then make a left turn, heading east, over the waterway and then angle back up the side of a hill, running northeasterly…

I do have to save some work for next year… :slight_smile: Can’t afford all the track at once, have to spread it out…

Actually, I ran out of track, have to wait for another track sale deal…

With the GMM bridge ties…I feel that span is screamin deck truss as opposed to thru truss.
If your already building a through truss flip it upside down!

Andy Clarke said:

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/andyc/Outside%20Layout%20Pictures/Sept%2012%202009/HilltopSubdivision%20Bridge%20looking%20SSE%20Pic%207%2009-12-09.jpg)

The bridge would have to be modified if it was flipped. But I agree with the kid. It would look good flipped. Ralph

I’ve got 4 more of those ““bridges”” sitting in my yard… :slight_smile:

You don’t have a yard…you have a plantation

It’s a yard… :slight_smile: It was a soy bean plantation, before I bought it… :slight_smile: