Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern October 19-20, 2019 OPs

The big Largescale Operations of the year is the next event on the BS calendar. This is always the biggest event of the year and the

temperatures, historically, have been the best. Its less than a month until everyone is gathering at the Clarke’s and I guess it would be nice to see a head count of who is coming.

Jan and I plan to be there, and we hope others interested in this part of the hobby, can beg an invitation from Andy and Jane. Its always a great time.

Jean and I plan to be there!

Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Reservations are made. I almost had to put up with Rooster on the way out, but he chickened out, but he does have some stuff he wants me to deliver.

I got an OK from Andy to come and am looking forward to it.

Fred Ottusch said:

You are WAY ahead of me. I NEVER got an OK from Andy - even when he was the yardmaster! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Bruce Chandler said:

Fred Ottusch said:

You are WAY ahead of me. I NEVER got an OK from Andy - even when he was the yardmaster! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

It’s OK, Bruce… I never got an OK, either… I just show up and surprise folks… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

All joking aside and to insure the record is correct…

This is not an ““Invite only”” operations session… Anyone is invited to attend…

We would just appreciate a ““heads up”” so we have some idea as to how many will be here…

Thanks

Andy Clarke said:

All joking aside and to insure the record is correct…

This is not an ““Invite only”” operations session… Anyone is invited to attend…

We would just appreciate a ““heads up”” so we have some idea as to how many will be here…

Thanks

Along with what Andy said - I don’t think anyone has EVER been invited. We just show up.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif) (Well, sure, we DO have to run the State Police roadblocks sometimes, but that’s just part of the “adventure”…)

Anyway, Jean and I will be there!

YEAHHHHHHHH!!! I got my gold invite in the mail today.

David Marscroni,

According to a recent study you applied for free testing on your fecal brain matter. We would like to let you know that after 37 others have backed out on the same offer your name made the top of our list. Please arrive on Friday October 18, 2019 in Nashville Illinois for final screening and operations prep. A Mr. Andy Clarke will make sure you receive only the best of pre op care.

Remember any success in this operation is purely accidental.

Regards from all those who care.

So you can see i’ll be there

I’ll be there, and I’m bringing the former CIGRS prez with me. He’s a Norseman named “Ole”

Ken Brunt said:

Reservations are made. I almost had to put up with Rooster on the way out, but he chickened out, but he does have some stuff he wants me to deliver.

Way to go big mouth …all you had to do was deliver then light the paper bag and walk away …but NO you had to mouth off so everyone knows now!

Rooster: recalculates and rethinks because of big mouth

Less than two weeks to go. Weather in the area has greatly improved and its time to get things prepared. Things will start happening on Friday the 18th.

Rooster ’ said:

Ken Brunt said:

Way to go big mouth …all you had to do was deliver then light the paper bag and walk away …but NO you had to mouth off so everyone knows now!

Rooster: recalculates and rethinks because of big mouth

He changed his mind about that too. Hollywood’s delivering the stuff…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

In one week it all begins. We’ve got cooler temps and rain, today. Long range forecast says 71 degrees for a high and partly cloudy. Sounds perfect.

Just a ““heads up”” for anyone driving down to the house from Interstate 64:

They have been working on the road from Washington State Park entrance to the county line, just south of me.

Those 5 miles have been Stripped and the drive lanes have already been resurfaced… They are currently

paving the emergency lanes… The may be doing this on Friday… Where they are working is a one-lane road,

with flaggers directing traffic… be careful…

Andy Clarke said:

They have been working on the road from Washington State Park entrance to the county line, just south of me.

Those 5 miles have been Stripped and the drive lanes have already been resurfaced… They are currently

paving the emergency lanes… The may be doing this on Friday… Where they are working is a one-lane road,

Wouldn’t that be just about EVERYBODY? Is there a secret way to your house? (Hey, how’s the helipad coming along?)

Since Andy is having weather in the high 60’s on Saturday and the 70’s on Sunday it will be a GREAT weekend ! Joyce and I will both be there.

Bruce Chandler said:

Andy Clarke said:

Wouldn’t that be just about EVERYBODY? Is there a secret way to your house? (Hey, how’s the helipad coming along?)

Not for folks coming from the south… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

As Ric stated; “It all starts on (Friday, October 18th)”…

I hope all is going well, and Andy is behaving himself, and smiling WITH everyone…

A great amount of labour and care has gone into that railroad, so that everyone can have great fun operating it with Jane, and Andy.

I know for sure, that there are many of us, who can’t be there; will enjoy pictures of the event, and a picture of Andy, smiling and proud; of what he, and Jane are sharing with their friends. We all will be greatly appreciative of the pictures, when they can be posted.

Fred Mills

What a great time! “Trains” and towns have moved around the layout, so, things have “changed”, but today the weather was really good so it was great to renew old friendships and run new trains! Well worth the long drive to experience this.