Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern October 19-20, 2019 OPs

Fred Mills. said:

As Ric stated; “It all starts on (Friday, October 18th)”…

I hope all is going well, and Andy is behaving himself, and smiling WITH everyone…

A great amount of labour and care has gone into that railroad, so that everyone can have great fun operating it with Jane, and Andy.

I know for sure, that there are many of us, who can’t be there; will enjoy pictures of the event, and a picture of Andy, smiling and proud; of what he, and Jane are sharing with their friends. We all will be greatly appreciative of the pictures, when they can be posted.

Fred Mills

Andy behaving??? Andy smiling??? Surely you jest!

Bruce;

If Andy is as “Bad” as you suggest; how come he attracts you and Jean to visit ? I think it’s that guy Mills, you are thinking of. You haven’t visited him in years !!!

From my experience (Limited as Andy allowed it to be); Andy is just hiding behind a gruff image.

He is in fact, a fair, and decent person, who is willing to share his passion of railroading, with friends… (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Fred Mills

There you go! A fantastic railroad experience with yet another very considerate host (and hostess). I am so fortunate to know all these great folks!

Bruce Chandler said:

I am so fortunate to know all these great folks!

Perhaps they feel sorry for you because you have no friends like me !

Any picture or video updates for the losers with no friends ?

Rooster ’ said:

Bruce Chandler said:

I am so fortunate to know all these great folks!

Perhaps they feel sorry for you because you have no friends like me !

I strongly suspect that nobody has a friend like you!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Rooster ’ said:

Any picture or video updates for the losers with no friends ?

I could probably put them on Facebook tonight, but I suspect that I would get a bit of grief for that. Might be able to get it done by Wednesday, but we will see…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

The first full day is now in the books and the second is just a couple of hours away. It is so busy, I only ran 2 trains yesterday. The “Overlook Setup” and the “Afternoon Amtrak” passenger run with some additional coaches. We have 5 young people with us this session and that has added a new dimension to the “Ops”. Very enthusiastic and wanting to understand the hobby. The “Afternoon Amtrak” run was quite a challenge and Hollywood got some great video. Jan and I are in the middle of training our latest addition to the family, “Bo” and he will probably show up in many of the pictures and videos. By last evening he was exhausted and I’m ready to get him out for his first inspection of the railroad this morning. The youth of a puppy will make you stronger or kill you and we are in the undecided phases of that now. Just like Bruce, I feel very blessed to have such a large group of friends both here with us and on the net. Please be patient on pictures and videos. They will come, but you have to enjoy the experience before you can document it. As the sky brightens this morning, it looks like we have a high cloud cover this morning. Yesterday, the weather was about as perfect as it could be for Fall in Southern Illinois and that is by far our best time of the year.

Ric Golding said:

Just like Bruce, I feel very blessed to have such a large group of friends both here with us and on the net. .

This is exciting as Ric acknowledged we are friends!

Exhausting but couldn’t have been a better day or way to spend it. Great day with great with great people to share it with. And we still have another one to enjoy. Thank you Jane and Andy(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Welp, it’s the end of another weekend in Clarketown with Jane and Andy Jones pouring all the koolaid!

Wonder where everyone is ??

This post has been edited by Rooster: punctuation was incorrect.

Will post a couple of teasers…

ALl trains start from the Bluefield Yards, which is the bottom of the inside layout…

Below is the coal train and it’s crew as it departs Woodlawn over the bridges…

The coal train on the Memphis Sub as it passes by Freeman Spur on top of the cliff to the left…

Train crew aligning switches before the coal train departs the power plant tracks to head back to the Coal marshaling Yard…

Mark working Evansville Yard… yard work here includes working the covered hoppers into the rail/barge loading facility

and servicing the Kroger grocery warehouse with refrigerated and other 50ft boxcars… Additional work will be working

centerbeam flats into the Ossipee Timber sawmill to put up finished wood products.

Below is Ossipee TImber yard and mill in the lower right… Sight seeing cars are for tourist runs…

The individuals sitting in the chairs are in the center of the Rail/Barge loading loop…

The crew with Ben in the red shirt is at Woodlawn, and behind them on the upper level is Overlook…

This picture shows Buddy working the Industrial Park. Train is currently on the Industrial park Main and siding tracks…

Tmark Working Okawville Elevator…

Below Is Ken working the town of Overlook with his train crew…

The following pictures are all of Freeman Spur being worked… Pictures from different angles…

The below picture shows the approach to Freeman Spur in the middle of the picture and the Memphis subdivision on the left.

The coal train is returning to the coal marshaling yard…

Great pictures. Thank you Jane! (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing Andy and Jane. Someday I might make my way there.

Jane Clarke said:

Below Is Ken working the town of Overlook with his train crew…

OMGRAM …I’m disappointed mom …You left the children unattended!

Jane Clarke said:

Will post a couple of teasers…

ALl trains start from the Bluefield Yards, which is the bottom of the inside layout…

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

While we were all working on the railroad some kind man repaired one of Joyce’s broken knitting needles . She is VERY happy with the job, but doesn’t know who it was . Life is interesting !

Couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. Poured rain most of the way there on Thursday. Friday dawned clear and chilly, but we got a lot done on the RR getting it ready. Saturday the fun began, with sweat shirts and jackets in the morning and T-shirts in the afternoon. Ran an Amtrak train with a K-27 ( I think Hollywood has the pix ), then ran a set up to Evansville yard. The afternoon was spent switching out Overlook ( yea, Rooster the little guy behaved, not so sure about the bigger guy).

Sunday morning dawned the same way, with some cloud cover, but warmed up considerably. Switched out the Industrial park, then ran a couple of sweeper trains in the afternoon. After dinner we all bid each other fond farewells till the next time we all meet up. Great weekend and big Thank You to our gracious Hosts, Jane and the grumpy guy.

Left Nashville behind on Monday morning about 5 in a thunder storm and pouring rain till it cleared up past Evansville. Spent a few hours with a fellow Nam Vet outside Loiusville, then hit the road for home and got in about midnite last nite.

As Ric is fond of saying, Life is Good!