Large Scale Central

Block of stores

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/PeterS/Aultmantaylorstarvingrooster.jpg)

Slow but sure it’s getting there. Igot two of the fire walls cut and scribed, and one end wall is ready. I’m still working on the front trim and details. I need to design the frame work in the very near future. I decided to tape the details in place for this batch of pics. Side view of the block. Note the strip of missing paint on the fire wall, this is the roof line for the adjacent store.

Corner shot of what will be a 5 and dime

The other three fronts from an overhead view.

Now I need to scribe brick work in the last two wall sections and get the frame made.

David Russell said:
Fear the code official…I hear he is hard in your area … :slight_smile:

Ken Brunt said:
Yea, he looks and walks like a scrawny rooster…easy to spot…;(

So I have heard and simply a warning to the builder… I hear that code officer drinks way too much ice tea and coffee!

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/ECLSTS/RydersShots154.jpg)

Holy moly! That’s one fine looking structure! Big, too.

What are the walls made of?

Ken Brunt said:
Is that a model of a particular block of buildings? I've never seen bay windows on a second floor like that. Very interesting indeed!
Ken I missed this, but I see Rooster answered. But, no not a particular block of buildings just a very common sight in York. I am invoking my modeling rights on this, as most of the fronts with second floor bays are row homes. There are a few businesses built this way, usually a store front and living quarters above. I just like the style and went with it. I also like mansard roofs and since quite a few of the bayed homes have a third story I figured why not. In this case the two store fronts with two upper floors will be apartments, therefore the extra doorway. The yellow front building, with the more industrial second floor windows, is a building from Baltimore, and will employ the same two businesses that one did. The black front store is a pharmacy,also from Balto.,and the front was done in a tile material. This was seen on a lot of store fronts in the 50s when I was growing up. I'm trying to capture a look from the 30s- 40s era.

Ray,
The material I’m using is from shipping covers for one piece Acrylic bathtubs, so I’m guessing Acrylic. Same stuff I used for my freight car build. The only drawback on it is some of it has one textured face. In this case with the buildings, I have the side wall of the yellow front store looking like a stucco finish. It glues up very well using PVC cement and cleaner for pipes.

Thanks again to all who have responded.

Thank you. I’m not all that familiar with downtown York, just the fastest way to the fairgrounds…:wink:

Ken Brunt said:
Thank you. I'm not all that familiar with downtown York, just the fastest way to the fairgrounds................;)
Wait!!!!! Hold on...... there's more to York, than routes to the fairgrounds, diner and hotel???? (puzzled look)
Andy Clarke said:
Ken Brunt said:
Thank you. I'm not all that familiar with downtown York, just the fastest way to the fairgrounds................;)
Wait!!!!! Hold on...... there's more to York, than routes to the fairgrounds, diner and hotel???? (puzzled look)
Evidently......according to Dave........................;)

Must be like all those flyover states between the east coast and the west… nobody pays attention to them, nothing of importance there, you know…

ducks

I almost have the side wall on the drug store ready for paint. Just haven’t had a lot of time this week

Got to this point today.

Looks great! Cant wait to see the finished product!

OUTSTANDING!!!

Hollywood,
It sure is lookin good :slight_smile:
Ralph

Your painting on the brick??? Too cool. That really does work for color.

Dude!!
:slight_smile:

Since Ken asked, I rode up town for a few shots of the prototype bays.

I like the bays here also

And yes we do have the normal style too

them be a lot of bays, but I don’t see any water… shrug!!!

Ric took it all his way :slight_smile:

Kewl!