Large Scale Central

Black Thursday, the 26th has arrived...well, any news?

Its finally here, the 26th…Black Thursday :open_mouth:

Any news out of Nurmburg?

Please let us know when its posted at the other place. :wink:

http://www.pr-inside.com/de/maerklin-uebernimmt-gartenbahnhersteller-lgb-r185643.htm

This from the GARTENBAHNprofi site

Märklin has been awarded the LGB assets.

More as soon as I translate. :wink: :smiley: :wink:

Oh yeah, I guess it is “next week”, FINALLY!

Was I sleeping? No, out for a walk with the dogs. :wink: :slight_smile: There are priorities. :lol: :lol:

You don’t know anything, HJ.
You know nothing of what is really going on.
WE know everything!

You just wait until next week.

You’ll see.

Oh, wait, I was supposed to use one of my “secret names” for this post…

TOC, we suspected all along…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Warren Mumpower said:
TOC, we suspected all along........:D :D :D

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, you’re right.

In German it is “Ich heisse Hase und weiss von nichts!” (My name is Rabbit and I know nothing!)

Translation in the usual places.

BTW what do you think? What are the chances that some “Ventilators” are hyperventilating? :wink: :slight_smile:

For those who might not have acess to other sorces, here is the linque to MLS:

http://www.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47720

I am sure the ventilators (trolls) are hyperventilating. But I also think you are putting too much into the “trademark” comment. Remember, officially at this point all Marklin owns trademark wise is the use of the name in Germany. It remains to be seen how much fight LGBoA has in protecting what they think is their trademark world wide outside of Germany. They may also be able to shut the door for Marklin to have access to the US market. And we yet don’t know what will be the outcome of the “missing” molds and other assets. Will there be a big fight…or has their been boot licking and butt kissing taking place behind the scenes to settle differences??

LGBoA has 2 choices as I see it. They can accept the inevitable, change directions and get on with it…or they can stand their ground and (successfully) kick ass. Those are the only two choices for survival in my opinion.

I would suspect that there will be an “official announcement” coming within a week from LGBoA.

Warren Mumpower said:
I am sure the ventilators (trolls) are hyperventilating. But I also think you are putting too much into the "trademark" comment. Remember, officially at this point all Marklin owns trademark wise is the use of the name in Germany. It remains to be seen how much fight LGBoA has in protecting what they think is their trademark world wide outside of Germany. They may also be able to shut the door for Marklin to have access to the US market. And we yet don't know what will be the outcome of the "missing" molds and other assets. Will there be a big fight....or has their been boot licking and butt kissing taking place behind the scenes to settle differences??

LGBoA has 2 choices as I see it. They can accept the inevitable, change directions and get on with it…or they can stand their ground and (successfully) kick ass. Those are the only two choices for survival in my opinion.

I would suspect that there will be an “official announcement” coming within a week from LGBoA.

Warren,

Remember that Märklin had 2 to 3 weeks to do extreme due diligence? Soooooo, what do you think they found? Why do you think that note about “further necessary measures” was inserted?

What others claim, well it is just like putting ads in the magazines. :wink:

Just remember, everybody is putting a bit of spin on what they say. That includes Marklin, LGBoA and the ventilators. I still have my gut feelings that this thing ain’t over yet.

True, about it ain’t over, BUT:
The fat lady is now in the building!

Marklin is not into the instant, and sometimes erroneous press releases.
Probably not going to see terms like “gangster tactics” or “hostile takeover” in anything from them.
They got it, and we can bloody well wait for them to tell us what they intend to do.

The bit about them being awarded the insolvent EPL is specific.
The trademarks and copyrights were an intangible held by the insolvent EPL.

That one phrase speaks volumes about who now owns trademarks and copyrights, but I will leave it to the ventilators to post exactly what it means.

Well there it is!

I’m not too surprised by this, the writing has been on the wall (and all over the internet) for awhile now, with all the hoopla over trademarks and tooling lately, we’ll have to wait and see exactly WHAT Marklin got in the sale…and what LGBoA still has or doesnt have…it aint gonna over till they start shipping again.

Warren Mumpower said:
I am sure the ventilators (trolls) are hyperventilating. But I also think you are putting too much into the "trademark" comment. Remember, officially at this point all Marklin owns trademark wise is the use of the name in Germany. It remains to be seen how much fight LGBoA has in protecting what they think is their trademark world wide outside of Germany. They may also be able to shut the door for Marklin to have access to the US market. And we yet don't know what will be the outcome of the "missing" molds and other assets. Will there be a big fight....or has their been boot licking and butt kissing taking place behind the scenes to settle differences??

Its also possible that LGBoA or Marklin or both will or take threaten legal action againt each other over the trademark and tooling issues, remember the hoopla over who has what and where is it at? Is it possible that LGBoA may be court ordered to turn over tooling? Could Marklin have to live with a agreement of some sort with LGBoA? This isnt the end of this by a longshot, especially if it ends up in court.

Marklin already has a US distributor, and theres alot of very PO’d ex-LGB dealers who may be very willing to sign new deals with Marklin and its entriely possible that LGBoA could end up on the short end of the whole issue. I still suspect it will be 3 years before we see anything new from Marklin/EPL

For LGBoA to proceed they will now have to do it alone. Its still possible as we do not know what they have in their possession or what resources they possess. ALOT will depend on exactly what Marklin ends up with. If Marklin gets all the patents and trademarks…well.

Märklin continues on its stabilization course - takeover of LGB achieved

– The business volume in the first half of 2007 2% higher than in the same period of 2006

– Organisation of the modern production network and cost reductions concluded.

РG̦ppingen reinforced as the centre of development, engineering and production

– Acquisition of a broader product and client base

Göppingen, July 26, 2007 - The industry segement is still contracting, but Märklin continues to stabilize: Counter to the trend model railway producer Märklin increased its result for the first half year of 2007 (end of June) to 55.1 million Euro ( same period in 2006: 54.8 million). Orders are also better than in the previous year, an increase of 16% to 58.6 million Euro (2006: 50.6 million)

“With that we have further stabilized and expanded our business” seid Axel Dietz, CEO of Märklin. “The most important measure of that are turnover and orders. In that category we managed a 2% increase of 101.7 million compared with the prior year. Which confirms our chosen path to recovery.” The turnover of the company, which reached 43.1 million for the first half, was approximately the same as the prior year, when extra ordinary factors were accounted for; however due to production relocations and new terms for the distribution during the reporting period, the results can only be compared in a limited fashion.

Substantial steps of “program for the future” successfully concluded.

With that Märklin is, one year after the takeover, right on course. By midyear Märklin concluded the measures presented in January with which the company reinforces core components, creates a modern production network and presents competitive cost structures. The negotiations with the employees have been amicably concluded. It was agreed to concentrate the production at headquarters in Göppingen and the subsidiary Györ/Hungary. The employees at Sonneberg and Nürnberg are helped through the transition by specially created companies that offer skills upgrading and job search assistance.

Headquarters Göppingen: Center of expertise for development, engineering and production of high quality models.

One of the core measures, with which Märklin gets a solid footing for the future, is the consolidation of location Göppingen as a competency centre for product management, development and engineering of the complete Märklin line. Märklin’s high quality product lines will exclusively be produced at headquarters in Göppingen. This assures that the traditional strengths of the employees - high quality and painstaking attention to detail - as one of the most important criteria for Märklin’s success will be secured and expanded.

Märklin expands product lines and strengthens the highvalue and sophisticated technical toy segment.

At midyear Märklin expanded its business portfolio : with the acquisition of Nürnberg garden railway producer LGB, the company establishes a further main pillar in an interesting growth segment. The creditors of the insolvent Ernst Paul Lehmann Patentwerk oHG, owner of the LGB trademark and venerable producer of garden railways, have at today’s creditors’ meeting approved the sale of substantial assets to Märklin.
“With this we can continue the tradition of this unique large scale railway and we are confident that within few months we will bring models and accessories to market” says Märklin CEO Axel Dietz " With the takeover of LGB we tap into a new client group and add the one popular size to our product line which had, so far, been missing. In addition to that the garden railway business has a different season cycle that runs in the opposite direction and provides us with a better balance." In Nürnberg, where LGB after very protracted, unsuccessful negotiations which were drawn out over many months, is already in the second insolvency, the takeover will result in approximately 20 highly qualified job positions. The production of the LGB-models will in future happen within the Märklin production network

For any questions please contact:

Roland Gaugele

Link: http://www.trains.com/TRC/CS/forums/1177368/ShowPost.aspx

And, before the ventilators start in, this is not bashing, speculation or opinion, and is considered by Kalmbach to be “of general interest to the hobby”.

Ominous silence from those with all the ‘inside’ information. It would be good to hear the other side of the storyline.

Yes its very quiet isnt it.

Like Warren said, I suspect we will eventually get a statement from LGBoA before the end of next week. Of course we dont know what that statement will say, if they make a go of it solo, good for them - I wish them well, but if its bad news, well…I just hope theirs not a run on Nikes and Koolaid at the grocery stores… :wink:

I checked all my recent purchases and not one of them attributes ‘LGBoA’ as the manufacturer. I am aware that LGBoA has been instrumental in many recent designs, but the undertakings were as a subsidiary of the parent company. If LGBoA ‘go it alone’ exactly what will they have to sell? The wharehouse ‘windfall’, just prior to the parent company declaring insolvency, must be running short by now. Last one out turn off the light. Oh, the light at the end of the tunnel is Axel from Marklin, looking for a few missing pieces.

No loss in my book. Maybe Marklin will see if they can make the product more affordable. Till then not my cup of tea. Later RJD

Tim Brien said:
Oh, the light at the end of the tunnel is Axel from Marklin, looking for a few missing pieces.
Tim, :)

Yes… one of the RhB Forum members put it like this

KY said:
Ring ring ring....

“Hello, Axel speaking”
“Hi Axel, Rolf calling. Let me put you on hands-free, I’ve got Dave, Jack and Tony in the room with me”.
“No need to do that Rolf, our lawyers will be in touch soon enough.”
Click…
“Axel…are you there Axel…Axel??”

Naturally there’s something to be said for pragmatism, but … much will depend on what “nuggets” the due diligence unearthed.

BTW in a message on the Family Forum DB mentions that 3 banks voted for Märklin. I guess that puts the

Jack Barton said:
Turned down by one of five banks. The 7 Mil would be spent making trains anyway. It's not purchase money. Where are all these insane investment banks comming from - crazy like foxes. Probably recoup in five years. (recent gross of 20 Mil)

(and)

I’ll say again, one bank.

Now it’s the Insolvency Court’s call. Here come da Judge!

wrote:

those banks know just exactly what they want!

It’s always an error to equate bias with intelligence. “Eavesdroppers never hear any good of themselves.”

in suitable perspective. :wink: :slight_smile:

Time to get back to more of the work.

Victor Smith said:

For LGBoA to proceed they will now have to do it alone. Its still possible as we do not know what they have in their possession or what resources they possess. ALOT will depend on exactly what Marklin ends up with. If Marklin gets all the patents and trademarks…well.

Vic,

Just noticed that someone doesn’t agree with part of my translation (oh dear, whatelse is new from that corner?)

here are the choices for the word in question “wesentlich”

Direct Matches
basic adj. wesentlich
considerably adv. wesentlich
constitutive adj. wesentlich
entitative adj. [philos.] wesentlich
essential adj. wesentlich
fundamental adj. wesentlich
important adj. wesentlich
importantly adv. wesentlich
integral adj. wesentlich
integrant adj. wesentlich
intrinsic adj. wesentlich
material adj. wesentlich
materially adv. wesentlich
primal adj. wesentlich
quintessential adj. wesentlich
significant adj. wesentlich
substantial adj. wesentlich
substantially adv. wesentlich
vital adj. wesentlich
vitally adv. wesentlich

It just so happens it fits the situation best i.e. it alludes that there are some parts missing. :wink: :slight_smile:

It’s that old “one needs to know/grasp the context”. Or in this case, one would be the wiser if one would have read the meeting notice issued by the court. Not that easy. :wink: :slight_smile: :lol:

BTW I’m curious to read what other matters were resolved, but there’s no rush. :wink: :slight_smile:

“So it goes” Kurt Vonnegut