Large Scale Central

Bill B's 2020 MIK challenge

Started gathering parts, digging out old Playmobil western building parts, was surprised how may I have. Found an old brick sheet to use to extend the chimney down the side of the building, parts of a 2X4 sheet of 1/4" PVC board that I will use for the house floor, piece of 1/2" PVC board that I will cut up to make cement concrete blocks out of for the house to sit on, while in the playmobil box I came across a small chair that I can use to make a rocking chair, also found a piece of flat roofing to use for the porch roof, checked and found I had enough windows and doors to fill the wall holes, think I have everything I need except for a figure for the porch and I found a great one for $12.95 so I think that will be my entire expense except for maybe a rattle of color, but haven’t decided on a color yet, next the build, what fun!!! Billbuilding materials brick sheet

There is a lot of bashing potential in that pile.

Yea, and that is just the small pile, LOL, My figure for the porch came yesterday and I think it will make the scene so now I have $13.00 invested and if my luck holds that will be it, but might need a rattle can. Today is clean up the Christmas stuff day, reason up so long is #1 I like it and #2 as my sister came from out of town late but planed it around my lung biopsy I was suppose to have, dodged it though, thank God so I’m good to go for a while, maybe I can get to it this afternoon but if not there is always tomorrow

window side

fireplace sidereardrawingThis year making a Florida Cracker/Shotgun house using Playmobil walls, roofing, styrene, paint and what ever, finally got done with the Christmas stuff so I stared piecing together wall section to get a feel for the project. Were the hole is in the wall on the right side is where the fireplace will go and am going to either use my found sheet of brick to make it or maybe some of the pink foam that seems to be the in thing. Still not sure about the front and rear roof overhang, found pieces that I can extend it with but not sure they are necessary being as I have a front porch roof and the rear has a door over hang, look at as I go. color is still up in the air but the room will be some type of metal sheeting, more to com, Bill

You are a fast basher there Bill… Nice progress!

A creative mind, Cool Bash

Dennis

Outstanding work.

Bill, you do an excellent job of piecing together odd parts to make a good looking and useful structure. It’s like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle together with no picture. Great job so far.

Well finally got the chimney done got side tracked by Old Joe

Well still getting side tracked, yesterday is was by the 7 1/2" gauge RR north of Ormond Beach, but that was worth it, Got the height of the concrete blocks decided and the location of the chimney + I got the chimney painted so it wasn’t a total waist, think I’m dragging my feet here as I know that assembling the walls and roof will take very little time but it seems as though something always comes up, today I have to wire up my mason bogie as we are going for train runs tomorrow and hoping for the best. Made my chimney like it was build using old bricks as that is the way my house is so I had a model to go by, more than a pretty face here, LOL more to come, Billpainted chimney

Forgot also found pink foam at Home Depot for $5.00 for a 2 x 2 sheet so being as I’m using it for the base of the chimney that will set me back about a $1.00 in materials, the trick will be matching the pattern and color of the above chimney, love this game

Nice job on painting the chimney. Quite realistic. I like it! Any tips for the rest of us on how you did that?

Thanks Jim, Sprayed the chimney gray primer then painted the brick 1 at a time using different color almost dry painting, light touch so as not to get in the grout adding color on color and pretty soon it starts to get real, before spraying with dull cote I sprayed it with gloss clear to bring out the colors then sprayed it with dull cote after drying I lightly sanded using 600 wet/dry sand paper, hope that helps

Nice technique, Bill. Thanks for teaching me… us?

Great looking chimney… Two Bonus Points Awarded to Bill, for most realistic Chimney yet…

Cant wait to see the rest.

Bill, that looks damn good. The color variation is quite realistic.

Bill,

I’ve been pondering the way ahead for our chimney. Thanks for the tip. I am wondering if I am going to have to do it, or if I need to subcontract…

Eric

that chimney is just way too cool. Very realistic

Thanks for all the kind comments, Bill

Weather much better today got up to 70 degrees what a nice addition and was able to get some Mik stuff done, cut out the floor/base for the house and also cut out the concrete block for the structural to sit on, scored the block and started to glue it on when I realized I had not install the termite barrier lucky though I was able to take the 4 pillars before it dried, the base is made from 1/4" PVC board that I got from Home Depot when I did my city water tower and has be just sitting around waiting to be used, the block is from 1/2" Lowes PVC board and will show it after it is painted, more to come, Bill

house with base