Large Scale Central

Big "E" Springfield train show

I will be there with the speedo. Got see through one for this show. Got matching ones for Sean and richard.

(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif)No No No …

I’m looking forward to the show.

Larry do don the speedo because when Sean and some others are admiring you I might actually have a chance to find some deals on some G.

Sean nice day here no ice little snow on the grass, some wet spots on the road from melting snow piles.

Larry I hope it matches my eyes, see you in morning.

cheers richard

Thanks Richard!

See you Saturday!

Two dealers in Mallory building with lots of G. Trainz purchased a g scale collection at the show today. Saw original LGB Amtrak boxcar, Amtrak passenger car, NYC set with lgb f units and lgb/aristo passenger cars. Going to check better living center next

For anyone going to the show that has been to the eclsts I will be going around with sympathy cards for Harry Hartmans family.

Larry, I am sorry that I can’t be there to sign the card. Harry was a heck of a guy.

Yes there some good deals to be had and quite the site to see old #11 Edaville being unloaded off a flat bed trailer.

cheers

Richard

Good show. Scored 2 NOS lindberg train town kits for $20. 4 lgb cars with cars with Kadeem’s for $50. I’m done

Want thank all who signed the sympathy card for Harry Hartman’s family.

Larry,

Great job getting the signatures for the card. Harry was topshelf and will be missed.

Thanks for the chair, refreshments, and your time, had a great time talking to you.

See you in York in a few.

It was great seeing everyone even Larry! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Here are a couple pics

I love having a yard near by!

This was all before I got inside!

I did see a couple nice things inside … not you Larry!

I did have a good time!

I uploaded photos to a flicker album - 2017 Springfiled Show

A lot of the NHGRS Big Green, a walk around of the 7/8th layout and the Mohegan & Pequot (CT Group) and some other interesting stuff.

Enjoy

Scott

Thanks for the pix. Any big reveals about new products coming out? Bachmann say anything?

Jerry Barnes said:

Thanks for the pix. Any big reveals about new products coming out? Bachmann say anything?

I’m afraid to ask!

It was nice to see a few Large Scale layouts at the show but sadly their was hardly any large scale being sold this year.

Star Hobbies had a few pieces, has had much more in previous years. I figured with them taking over the York show they would have been pushing more large scale items… guess I was wrong.

(I dont include Charles RO because he brings the same non-selling crap to every show).

Didnt get why Trainworld even bothered to setup a display, you couldnt buy anything from them! it all had to be ordered on-line from the store.

MTH had the 1:32 Big Boy on display and my opinion of it is still the same.

And unless I missed something that happened in the train / hobby world, the prices being asked for most items was way to high.

I was searching for some American Flyer pieces to add to my collection, there was plenty at the show to choose from but everyones prices were high.

I was even up there on Sunday thinking people would want to deal so they would not have to pack everything up and bring it back home… nope, people wouldnt budge on pricing.

I find my best deals (sad to say) on Facebook in various different buy/sell groups.

First time I have ever gone to a show and left without purchasing anything, most likely my last time I will visit this show.

I went up Sunday as well. It’s funny I didn’t go last year but I can remember seeing many of the same large scale items with the same price tags attached from 2 years ago! Fellow I spoke to at Amato said some “young guy” bought up a ton of their LGB on Saturday. I don’t expect to find much as I model modern era but I enjoy chatting with Don Sweet about RC and was nice to find out about the Rail Explorer tours coming to RI this spring.

Vincent D’Agostino said:

It was nice to see a few Large Scale layouts at the show but sadly their was hardly any large scale being sold this year.

Star Hobbies had a few pieces, has had much more in previous years. I figured with them taking over the York show they would have been pushing more large scale items… guess I was wrong.

(I dont include Charles RO because he brings the same non-selling crap to every show).

Didnt get why Trainworld even bothered to setup a display, you couldnt buy anything from them! it all had to be ordered on-line from the store.

MTH had the 1:32 Big Boy on display and my opinion of it is still the same.

And unless I missed something that happened in the train / hobby world, the prices being asked for most items was way to high.

I was searching for some American Flyer pieces to add to my collection, there was plenty at the show to choose from but everyones prices were high.

I was even up there on Sunday thinking people would want to deal so they would not have to pack everything up and bring it back home… nope, people wouldnt budge on pricing.

I find my best deals (sad to say) on Facebook in various different buy/sell groups.

First time I have ever gone to a show and left without purchasing anything, most likely my last time I will visit this show.

Vin I do have to agree with you, have to say it is funny i had a employee at Charlie’s say the same thing. The good buys where on friday. The people with AF and Lionel are the same ones you see at every show and the same prices.

cheers richard