Large Scale Central

Aristo Craft parts

Is anybody aware if any other Large Scale retailer will be carrying parts for Aristo Crafts products?

As the parts where snapped up by many including some dealers one can only shop around. Later RJD

William I don’t know. Hopefully some parts will eventually be available through PolksGenerationNext, but I am not holding my breath.

I am very pessimistic about the future of parts for Aristocraft products. Even the stuff that is on ebay, like trucks with wheels are so outrageous, I am not sure anyone would buy them. 67$ for 29100 trucks. I used to buy them in York for 20$ a set. Anyone going to York, stock up.

Paul, like I said, I am not holding my breath.

Like RJ said, or contact Navin at Crest-Electronics, THEY got all the rest of the Aristo parts. GenerationNext/Never did not get them. (remember who owns each company and it will become clear).

Since for years we were told that parts were never ordered separately from a run of locos or cars, that would seem to confirm that no new parts will be available from GenNext until/unless they commission new products.

If you need something now, I’d hop on the phone, not wait for emails.

Greg

What is the contact phone #?

www.crest-electronics.net

In a AC forum thread of Fef. 2014 there was a shared email originating from Scott P. There were a few AristoCraft parts also listed, and his p/n began with GXT followed by what looked to be the original AC digits !

In addition to contacting Navin office, I would also send over to Scott Polk office.

thread excerpt; …please feel free to call 908-834-2139 or email

polksgenerationext at gmail dot com

doug c

Greg, that may have been the case with Aristocraft in the past. But Scott is starting a new company. It would be less expensive for him to start up making parts for existing products, then to come out with a new release.

Like I said, I am not holding my breath. And I am a dreamer, so let me dream a little. Eventually we will see what Scott offers. It would be nice if his website would be done, so we could see see what he has, and what he is planning, without us having to become twits. I don’t twitter, so I don’t see his tweets.

No David,

If you had read or knew any of the history of Aristo, you would have known the endless discussions on this with Lewis and the answers.

As I said, it was basically only economical for them to make parts at the time of the production run. Since NO ONE is doing production runs, it’s not happening right now.

It’s technically possible to run just parts, but it is so much less lucrative than building the entire car or loco that it just won’t happen (large volume standalone parts like couplers, wheels excepted). Anyone who has the cash to “turn on the production line” would be able to build entire cars or locos (and then get parts).

When you decide to counter someone with much more understanding of the subject than you, then you should be sure of your facts. I suggest you go to the Aristo forum and search and read the countless threads on parts. You will get the “Aristo” truth.

Greg

p.s. starting a new company is MORE difficult and has to focus on high profit items, like buying new old stock already manufactured, sitting on the docks in China… (the track)

Greg, Aristo said a lot of things that we eventually found out to not be entirely truthful. So while what was said about parts makes sense, I am still taking a “wait and see” approach to what Scott does. Since Scott probably doesn’t have a lot of working capital at this point, I was speculating that parts might be a route he could go in. Maybe it’s not as lucrative as making whole cars nor locomotives…Ok, its most certainly isn’t as lucrative, but it might be a way to generate some cash flow.

I also agree with what you said about new old stock, but I cant see there being an awful lot of that crated and ready to go. So, eventually Scott will have to have something commissioned and made.

I did say that I was dreaming a little. I am wishing a little too.

Still trying to help you understand, not trying to lecture you, but actually trying to educate you.

Not only what I said about parts makes sense, it’s the truth AND it’s how Aristo operated, basically how CHINA operates.

Scott having less capital means he can do no more than the old Aristo, AND CHINA has NOT changed, but gotten worse. To “turn on” a production line takes basically a certain minimum production quantity, and parts alone won’t do it.

Not being lucrative is really not the right word, it does NOT make financial SENSE, i.e. NOT PROFITABLE. So it won’t be done.

I guess you also missed the point about the old stock. The product was ALREADY manufactured, and the old Aristo could not pay for it, they went out of business.

So Scott did NOT pay to have something manufactured, but he bought EXISTING product. Big difference.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish for parts also, I have more money invested in this hobby than most, and about 1/2 my motive power is Aristo.

But we need to be realistic, even when times were good, Aristo would cannibalize new locos for out of stock parts.

Again, this was meant to be further education in how this stuff is. Before I had my falling out with Lewis, I was one of his “darlings”… another sad story… but I know how this stuff works, and the proof is written in dozens of posts… Aristo’s struggle is no different than other companies who base their manufacturing in China…

Greg

So?

EDIT: I posted a singular 2 letter word in my native tongue with a single punctuation mark afterwards. Only for folks that don’t think that it is correct on what should be posted.

OK tom

There is a small “Cottage Industry” starting up, here in North America…very small at this point, that is producing a few of the more breakable parts for some Aristo equipment. As yet it seems to NOT include any parts that have to be “Injected Molded”

What “William” failed to inform us, was what part(s) he needed.

It seems that he needs a bell and harp for his Aristo 0-4-0 switcher.

What can be done in such a situation, is to replace the bell and harp with one from a “B’mann” locomotive, or possibly some other make.

There is hope that someone attending the ECLSTS, could find what Bill needs in the usual “Junk Boxes” that Nicolas Smith usually has on display.

In the mean time, I’m looking for something in my junk box for him, as are several others around here…

There is hope, William…there is hope…

…There are parts from other after market suppliers also…

Greg, I know you were closer to the industry then I will ever be. I did get the part about the new old stock. But that will run out pretty soon, if it hasn’t already. Then Scott will have to have something produced. I don’t know how China works, but with the changing situation who is to say the production has to be in China. Yes, that’s where the molds are, so that is where production will most probably happen.

When I was saying parts I wasn’t talking about parts that just sit on the shelf. I was thinking about parts that have a history of selling. Since I am not in the industry I don’t know what parts they would be. I was thinking of stuff like trucks, motor blocks, smoke units and such.

David Scott will have to obtain the rights to the molds first. At this time he does not own them.
Mike

Michael, yes that’s true. But if Scott doesn’t acquire the rights someone will. There is just too much value there to let them suck dust in the back of the factory for too long.