Large Scale Central

Another try at a light Inspection Car

I really like the Light Inspection Car.

I made an earlier one using the Radio Shack Zip Zaps, but it really doesn’t last long on a charge. Jon Radder provided me with a Stomper, so I decided to use that as a base for a new one. I got some spoked wheels from Ozark and crafted the rest from styrene, brass wire, and Sculpey.

I routed the headlight from the Stomper to light the lantern. Now I have something that can make the rounds on my layout. It still goes a bit too fast for my taste, but you can’t have everything.

Bruce Chandler said:

For a moment there, I though you had a pair of intrepid explorer types, solar topis and all, making their way through the great green jungle in search of King Solomon’s mines or suchlike … maybe the lost moulds of The Company That Must Not Be Named (deceased). Just need some drums pounding in the undergrowth: “I say, old gel, the local rockers (Rocos?) are restless tonight, wot.”

Nice work, Bruce! Looks great.

Spiffy!!

It really looks good , nice modeling .

I’d like to get one of these quadricycle things in 12 inch scale. What a hoot! I think I could outrun the 9:15 as it climbs the hill into Deer Park! Or die trying.

Did I say that out loud?

Bruce Chandler said:
[i][/i] It still goes a bit too fast for my taste, but you can't have everything.
Do you use AA powered flashlights? Save the batteries when they get dim to use in the Stomper drive.

Excellent job Bruce. I knew you’d come up with something spectacular.

BTW, your “Van” has been laid up in Ottawa at the IPP&W, but has finally gotten clearance to travel to Portland, Maine where it will lay-over a few days before continuing south to Branford, CT via the Shade Gap & Neelyton. The CVSRY will send an extra to Branford to retrieve it in September.

JR

:smiley: OK why should Bruce have all the fun with his cool little Stomper speeder rebuild… :smiley: From this years BTS.

:smiley: :smiley:

Ooh…that is cool! More idea…

We just need Vic to share whatever it is that he smokes that gives him the visions to build his critters…:smiley:

Warren Mumpower said:
We just need Vic to share whatever it is that he smokes that gives him the visions to build his critters…:smiley:

I dont smoke anythung…my mania ia all “natural”