Large Scale Central

Andy Clarke

I have just heard that our friend Andy Clarke is not well.
Has anyone heard anything lately of his situation ?
I wish him well, and hope he is on the mend, and able to enjoy his fine railroad, with his many friends.
Fred Mills

Not well at all. I know that he had both legs amputated and Jane was trying to figure out how to cope…

OMG! That is terrible news. I wish him well and hope he can cope. He has many friends I’m sure.

I’ve heard similar news, so sad.

Andy, God bless you in your transitions to new conditions. Wish I could help.

Cliff

Thinking of you Andy, I also wish I could do more.
So I found this picture of “The Happiness Boys”.

5 Likes

Jane sent this update to be shared.

Andy is a double amputee now. The second leg went bad quickly after he started working it in rehab and was taken off on 30 June. Both are being prepared for prosthetics. On 19 July he had a major heart attack due to blood clots, had one stint replaced, another added and a major vein ballooned in 3 hrs of surgery. The heart attack limited circulation to the legs causing infection which is hopefully clearing up with antibiotics. He expects to transition to a skilled Nursing Facility in Breese next to begin slower rehab and work his way back to the Bluestone Southern Railroad. Keep on railroading!!

4 Likes

Praying for you, Andy. Close to how I lost my dad, sepsis after second leg amputation due to diabetes complications.
Hoping you get it of hospital and back home soon .

I was asked to post this and with a heavy heart I must say that “Andy passed away last night”.
I have no other details only doing as I was asked.

My sincere prayers for Jane and the rest of his family. Yet another “Fallen Flag”.

My sincere best wishes go to Jane at this worst time in her life. I never met Andy in person but have followed his railroading exploits through the years. RIP Andy Clarke.

Dang. Never met him in person but lived through his posts.

Sad news.

Thanks for posting THIS, David.

Dang…

1 Like

Sad news, I have enjoyed Andy and his RR through his posts on here for years.
RIP Andy and prayers for the family.

Thanks for letting us know David. I’ll miss him. One of the good guys.

Condolences to Jane and their family. Andy was a pleasure to know and shared with all .I was able to attend a weekend of his operating sessions and all were welcome. Condolences also to Ric and Jan Golding for the loss of a close friend. Be at peace Andy
Thank you again Rooster for this post.

1 Like

Dam
Why do the good one go first …
We will miss him

My condolences to Andy’s family :worried:

RIP, condolences to his family

1 Like

condolences to his wife.

and condolences to us all - he was one of the cornerstones of this forum.

2 Likes

Andy came to most of my TrainOps over the years. This is from 2017

3 Likes