Large Scale Central

Amherst Large Scale Show 2023

I wonder the layout shows number 90 as a switching layout
Richard

Looks like the MD show is a two hour drive south for me from PA. Rooster, where are you, near Pittsburgh? If They let me in the show, then I’m sure you can get in!

Cross posting this 'cause it seems we have two threads on this topic.

I decided to book a room for Friday night. Not a lot available at this point, but all I need is a clean bed, so the Red Roof in W. Springfield will be my home for Friday night. See y’all in MA :smiley:

(I combined threads into this one, I just learned I can!"

Anyway, I just booked the Red Roof Inn as well, for Friday night. Long back and forth for two days for me.

OK, I booked there as well for Friday.

New promo video for the show.

Ah, I finally found the floor plan… Pretty cool. Neat to see that Star Hobby is a vendor, so no hard feelings there.

Very cool that the DnB is now an event incorporated into the show space.

Stan just sent me a couple photos of the timesaver. I’ll be going over there Wednesday for a couple hours to work on some switching ideas.

2 Likes

Wow, nice timesaver! Looks like it’s just being finished in construction…? Who’s making it, Stan?

It’s from the estate of John Middleton, a long-time operator over at Stan’s. Any of you that have come up to a TrainOps probably would know him by sight. Anyway, Stan got ahold of it and its being refurbished for use. Should be fun.

Yes John was one of the good guys

The final floor plan is out and it shows John Middelton’s Cape Porpoise Industrial Railroad in the drag and brag area. It will be available for anyone at the show to try their hand at switching it.

This should be a fun show.

A Drag and Brag area,
the ability to bring your Live Steam and run it indoors,
a good set of dealors and manufacturers,
some excellent clinics
a white elephant tables for selling stuff you no longer need,
lots of excellent layouts
a Show Banquet
and an outstanding raffle.

Then on Sunday a variety of layouts will be open for those that attended the show

For those of you that can not make it and want to participate in the raffle, there are several Large Scale Central folks attending and I am sure you can find someone to purchase tickets and place then in the desired bins for you.

Stan

The new floor plan looks great hope it all works out

Floorplan looks good. Looking forward to this. Who here is planning on going, so I know how many chairs to have around the D&B area?

Bob,
looks like i will be around both days, have to spend some time at white elephant table one or both days.

Al P.

I’ll me there.

Stan, thanks for the heads up on the banquet. Not sure if seats are left but I just put in my reservation request. This was posted a couple days ago on their “Latest News” page:

Train Show Banquet

Posted: 2023-04-17

On Friday evening, April 28, the Large Scale Train Show banquet will be held at the Storrowton Tavern on the grounds of Eastern States Exposition.

The event starts at 6:00 pm and is sponsored by Only Trains.

Seating is limited to 60 guests. For reservations, contact the Show Office at: [email protected].

I’ll be there both days.

Planning on being there Friday, hope to see everybody

count me in bring my own chair

Good point Richard.

Note to self: bring chair…

I usually do too. My Harbor Freight chair is better than most venue chairs.