Large Scale Central

Amherst Large Scale Show 2023

Looks like a friendly place to meet a few members. Think they might have a corner we can commandeer? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I most likely cannot be there the whole time, but most assuredly Rockwall Canyon RR will be there! Love the idea of having an all Largescale show at Springfield.

1 Like

Who’s layout are going to be there …
Maybe we will get some updates getting closer to the date.

I’m certain the New Hampshire Garden RR Society will be there (I’m a member). The Connecticut and Maine clubs most likely and I know the Hudson Valley Club is interested. I believe their are 5-6 modular clubs within an hour or two. John mentioned arranging secure storage for those attending both the Jan and this show. The idea of open houses was also mentioned in Zoom meeting I attended a few months back.

Might be a bit early in the year but I might be able to have an open house here that Sunday.

2 Likes

i hope you do, and bring dave marconi with you

1 Like

Never heard of the guy myself.

Pat; I’m agreeing with you, whole heartedly.
The main reason several guys up here, and I went to the old ECLSTS in York was to meet all the great people we met there, and got to be friends with. Yes we always came home with a bit of “Swag” from the show, but the great FRIENDSHIPS that started at the show were of the greatest value you could get, and all contributed to wonderful memories, never to be forgotten.
Today travelling is not easy for me, and the length of the trip keeps most of us, here at home, also considering the border crossing and the resurgence of Covis…
I really hope both the shows are a great success, and many new friendships can again be started at the shows.
All it takes is somebody to find a convenient meeting place, a few refreshments, and a great time can be had by all.
After-all, 50% of our great hobby is socializing, and sharing knowledge, experiences, and ideas, face to face, where you get to know the REAL people you share the hobby with, often many miles apart.
Fred Mills

No you are not allowed to attend!

Latest on the show. I alerted John that Drag and Drop should be Drag and Brag.

Al P.

I’m thinking different. If Rooster DOESN"T show up, it’ll be very unlucky for the D&B, the Show, or maybe the entire PLANET.

Rooster Amherst 2023.

T-shirts ordered, you can Paypal me 20.95 for L or XL, 24.95 for XXL+.

Channeling Jim R… Hey Jim, can you come?

1 Like

I could, but I am not. Sorry!

Can’t blame me for trying :slight_smile:

There will be a White Elephant table or two at the show, adjacent to the drag and Brag tables sponsored by:
The Steam Locomotive Operation Group, Inc
this is a group that Stan is involved in, and is asking for a 10% donation upon successful sale. no tax will be involved. more details as they become avalible.

AL P.

thats good to hear Al
rich

Well the layout map is out the drag is by the main entrance

Nice! We also feature prominently on the home page of the site.

not just the home page but prominently in the e-mail sent out (Drag & Brag
Bring your latest large scale creation - show it off. Drag & Brag is a tradition at Large Scale Shows - hosted by Large Scale Central.)

Al they are not adjacent to each other now drag and brag is by entrance,exit and the white elephant is in the center

Looks like we’ll have a Timesaver layout in the LSC Drag-n-Brag space.