Large Scale Central

Alfred Brown Coal Company

Not to take away from Mike’s thread

This showed up today.

Washed everything to get any oils or whatever off. Next up, assembly!

1 Like

Went together easily. A few support nibs I had to sand off but nothing bad. Left off some of the piping until I know the layout of the building.

1 Like

looks great. Can’t wait to see it installed and “in use” as it were.

Where’s the blow off valve ?

That would be over with the boiler in the fan house. The tank on the hoist is just a steam accumulator.

1 Like

You know thats a good point. You are the first one to mention that. I had not realized until now that I omitted it. I put a pair of them on all my locomotives but never occurred to me to pit one on these donkeys. And honestly I don’t recall having ever seen one in the pictures. But I would think they had to be there. What would prevent them from over pressurized and exploding.

But in fairness the one Bob bought is sans boiler… this was a prototype I came across locally. And it had to have a remote boiler or steam source somewhere else. That tank is just that its like a reserve tank or a pressure tank or something. It was odd when I saw it and new I wanted to model.it so when Mike and I decided to do a small single drum winch I went with it. Not really sure why it has that tank.

But on all the others with a boiler there should be a pop off valve.