Large Scale Central

A new subject

OK, to keep people’s mind off of the insanity that has been going on, I declare a Scale War!

flexes muscles

1:20.3 is the One True Scale™, and the rest of you are pikers playing with toys!

(that good enough to get going?)

“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” There is only one OBVIOUS CHOICE for the TRUE railroader! One who bulds from scratch and handlays his/her own track and that is 7/8 scale! You can use most supplies from the average hardware store none of this mucking about with “hobby shops”. Anyone else just shakes the box and plays with toy trains…grow up y’all…

Bob McCown said:
OK, to keep people's mind off of the insanity that has been going on, I declare a Scale War!

flexes muscles

1:20.3 is the One True Scale™, and the rest of you are pikers playing with toys!

I play with 1/32 and in my world I am king !!!

Reality is only a preseption …

Oh no, a scale war! :wink: :slight_smile:

Okay! IIm (2m) is where it’s at!

1:22.5 is THE scale, doesn’t matter if it’s NG or SG.

Well yes for the EuroJunk inclined, a meter guage is prototypical…if yer into that sort of silliness, but what about the slobbering colorado three footer freaks? The only TRUE NARROW GAUGE modling is two footers…anything else is just some slapdash attempt…

Sorry but I like 1/24, no calculator or metric system necessary to do conversions. 42" gauge is a nice compromise in gauges. http://www.computech-online.net/~garyb/images/42gauge.HTM

Bart Salmons said:
Well yes for the EuroJunk inclined, a meter guage is prototypical…if yer into that sort of silliness, but what about the slobbering colorado three footer freaks? The only TRUE NARROW GAUGE modling is two footers…anything else is just some slapdash attempt…

Colorado 3 foot freaks? Anyone can model that, all you have to do is buy off-the-shelf stuff. It takes real imagination to model a 3’ ‘what could have been’ line.

With over 125 pieces of 1:22.5 rolling stock: 1:22.5 is the scale.
The rest of you mooks are playing with toys! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sloth and Laziness abounds! Can;t even be bothered to do complicated math! Or REASEARCH! Which is what I suspect is the prime motivation for so called “freelance” lines…

Bart Salmons said:

Bart, Bart. Generally the term “EuroTrash” is applied. :wink: :slight_smile: I think Meter Gauge is just S-U-P-E-R, especially the proto I model. Pick your era and they (LD and RhB) are there, hmmmm yes, if you start after 1889 that is. BTW I really like the 2 footers, too. They are so quaint, at one time I asked myself: “If both engineer and fireman are a bit tipsy, will that thing stay on the tracks?”

“Another fine mess you’ve gotten us into…”

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
I think Meter Gauge is just S-U-P-E-R, especially the proto I model. Pick your era and they (LD and RhB) are there, hmmmm yes, if you start after 1889 that is.

Geee well theres one in every family…the one member that everyone just smiles and nods in agreement with over the serving table…

Yup, I play with toys! Isn’t a hobby supposed to be FUN?

I can’t stand idly by while my beloved “Colorado Standard Gauge” is being subjected to idle trash talk !!! Geez guys. Where is your brotherly luv?

CJ

No there is no FUN!!! This is a SERIOUS HOBBY!!! No flippiant attitudes need apply! Ahh and the Colorado Junk collectors rear their fragrant posteriors…

I say “Narrow guage for narrow minds”…:smiley: I go for the WOW factor…it’s 1:29 or nothing!! My life’s philosophy is “He who dies with the most TOYS wins!”

And Bob, how dare you to steal my chat image!!

17/64ths

Curmudgeon said:
17/64ths
Gesundheit

(hands TOC a hanky)

<I say “Narrow guage for narrow minds”… >

Hey, Squeek…
I guess you won’t be needin’ those White Pass enjuns you own, huh?
I’ll come by and get the Aster Mike steamer and the Alco dismal. Just leave them in the garbage can in the alley, in case yer not home. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
jb

Bob McCown said:
[b]1:20.3 is the One True Scale(tm), and the rest of you are pikers playing with toys![/b]

Aw, c’mon Bob. it’s 1:20.32! How can you dare call yourself a follower of the true faith when you “round down?” Shame, shame, shame. Go back to your toys, and leave the real trains to us true believers. Next, you’re going to tell us it’s actually 9.98 Commandments. Now go say three “Hail General Palmers” and dip your hand in the baptismal water tower.

And Bart, how can you call 2’ gauge railways “real” trains, when they were toys themselves??? Sheesh! Models of toys don’t make them real! So, spend all the time at the hardware store you want, and have fun building your littler versions of the original toys. Everyone knows the real railroads existed only in Pennsylvania!

Later,

K