Large Scale Central

A new subject

Ya ain’t gettin my Mike. That was an LGB muckup and it came out as a SG locomotive. They used the drive from the plastic mike. When all came out they had a SG Baldwin light mike. I’ve seen pix of them on several RR’s.

Alco? I own an Alco??? (Warren denies everything)

Warren

Kevin Strong said:
Bob McCown said:
[b]1:20.3 is the One True Scale(tm), and the rest of you are pikers playing with toys![/b]

(that good enough to get going?)

Aw, c’mon Bob. it’s 1:20.32! How can you dare call yourself a follower of the true faith when you “round down?” Shame, shame, shame. Go back to your toys, and leave the real trains to us true believers. Next, you’re going to tell us it’s actually 9.98 Commandments. Now go say three “Hail General Palmers” and dip your hand in the baptismal water tower.

And Bart, how can you call 2’ gauge railways “real” trains, when they were toys themselves??? Sheesh! Models of toys don’t make them real! So, spend all the time at the hardware store you want, and have fun building your littler versions of the original toys. Everyone knows the real railroads existed only in Pennsylvania!

Later,

K

Ohh Lord!!! I just knew it was a matter of time before someone brought up Kovalchicks Tourist Trap Money pit! Thats not a real NG…its a SG line that got shrunk in the bank! They just went bust before they could move the rail out! And there were 15 commandments Moses just dropped one tablet…

Come, come, gentlemen. (choke, cough)

You want to talk about “WOW factor,” try 1:20.3 Standard Gauge.

Just wait 'till my son comes home from his latest Persian Excursion so he can carry the d+mn thing out to the tracks!

SteveF

<Alco? I own an Alco??? (Warren denies everything)>

OK…An MLW :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That measured 22.5 on the Richter scale.

It’s 1:20.3276587, to be precise.

17/64ths is the correct scale for “0” gauge track.

The morons decided to keep the scale at 1:48 and make the track almost 1/8" narrower.

BAH! 1:20.3 standard gauge??? 1:13 Standard Gauge! Toys ! Mere Toys! Get SERIOUS or get On30!!!

You guys are ALL wrong! The only scale for SERIOUS modelers is 1:1. :wink:

Hmprh!!! 1:1 indeed! Only for those with something to compensate for! Besides theres NO COMMERCIAL SUPPORT for 1:1 scale!

Bart Salmons said:
Hmprh!!!!! 1:1 indeed! Only for those with something to compensate for! Besides theres NO COMMERCIAL SUPPORT for 1:1 scale!
Well, there is commercial support, but, geez, even a 45 tonner is expensive!

http://www.locomotives.net/45tonGE.html

Rod Hayward said:
That measured 22.5 on the Richter scale.
Rod,

This isn’t an earthquake! (Never mind the distinct rumbles)

And whatever other Richter scale there may be is up for discussion … errrrrrrr judgement and the jury’s out at the moment.

Bob McCown said:
Bart Salmons said:
Hmprh!!!!! 1:1 indeed! Only for those with something to compensate for! Besides theres NO COMMERCIAL SUPPORT for 1:1 scale!
Well, there is commercial support, but, geez, even a 45 tonner is expensive!

http://www.locomotives.net/45tonGE.html

Somebody needs to do some PMS on that thing. The Chief is going to be Royally P+ss+d! I’m hitting the beach before he finds out!

Am I signed in to the right forum?? I keep hearing a bunch of crusty old swabbies swearing!!

:smiley:

Warren

We are in a period of a Full Moon…This can only mean one thing…the Wolves howl at midnight.

I just like trains…never bothered to worry if the scale was the correct scale…or if the car markings were the correct markings… I leave that to others with more time than I…personally, I just buy what appeals to me…This method has caused me much less stress…but the real question is:

ARE YOU HAVING FUN WITH YOUR CAREFULLY CHOSEN TRAINS???

I CAN ANSWER, YES!

The Lone Railroader
Life is a Rail Journey, Enjoy the Ride and the View.

Here we go again!!! Spouting that trains are for the purpose of fun and games! This is a SERIOUS business! these thing matter!!! and all with the flippiant attitudes! Soo disgusting!!!

I’ll PLAY with my trains if I want to…

Warren

Bart Salmons said:
Here we go again!!!!!! Spouting that trains are for the purpose of fun and games! This is a SERIOUS business! these thing matter!!! and all with the flippiant attitudes! Soo disgusting!!!!
So you have an adversion to phun...then go ahead count rivets.....and the count is 2....now 3!!!....and CERTAINLY not 4!!!....And there is NO scale it's all an illusion brought on by the additives added to our food at the Solvent Green Factory.

And this is serious! You are challenged to a vicious game of Combat Checkers!

said:
So you have an adversion to phun...then go ahead count rivets.....
On a welded tender :D

Anyway, the man had it right.
The only scale is 1:1.
7’ 1/4" gauge.
Lord of the Isles sweeping down through Box on clear signals at sunrise on IKB’s birthday.
Everything else, including 4’ 8-1/2", is tiddlywinks. :wink:

I don’t know, guys.

It’s damn near 2130 local, I just locked up, ran ops for 8 hours.

Had fun and ran trains AND did the business of the railroad!

Empties in, loads out!

Combat Checkers indeed…I Counter Challenge YOU to a MAN’s GAME! Tiddlywinks!