Large Scale Central

2016 Miks, Vic Smith, A Delicate Balance

Steve Featherkile said:

David Maynard said:

Ah, minor point, its 32 feet per second squared, or more accurately 32.174 feet per second squared. Devon, you are right, air resistance would need to be calculated in, because some poop is more aerodynamically shaped, then others.

And this would be the velocity of the poop when it exits the floor of the structure. How high is the structure from the valley floor? And then there is another question; What is the splatter factor for various poops exiting the structure?

Wow, Maynard, you really know your sh¥t. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

My mom is a nurses aide in a nursing home, and her world revolves around poop. And I had a dog and a racoon at the same time, and I got good at identifying who’s poo was who’s

I think Vic needs a smell unit since it will be on the pizza layout for the public. It will eliminate the possibility that someone will ask what the build is!

I hate to say but I think I’m nearby done with outhouse, need to start modifying the mini pizza. Luckily it’s inside the house so its readily accessible. I’ll take more pictures this weekend.

A current picture, last until next week, If I make it to the GTE next weekend, I can take way better pictures once its installed on the layout.

Here is where it will get installed. As this went far faster than I expected, I’ll spread out the pics until the end date.

My biggest challenge at the moment is getting access to the trains and stuff I am planning to take to the show next weekend.

Vic you do small amazingly well. Whats the screen mesh?

Devon its a scale screen material I picked up along time ago, this used up the last of it.

I think this year I bit off too little of a project, but better this than nothing. With everything on hiatus until I can clear up the harbor layout I otherwise would have no impetus for doing this year’s challenge. I plan to use the rest of Dave’s panels for stuff on the harbor layout.

Nice looking cliffhanger Vic. Is there a weight limit for occupants on the door? What if the user weighs more than the pile of rocks? Looks like it could be a bit drafty too and not just from the bottom. Nice work.

Randy, but in a facility such as that, you would want some ventilation.

David Maynard said:

Randy, but in a facility such as that, you would want some ventilation.

yupp. ventilation is essential. it is needed, that the flies can migrate better between the kitchen and the outhouse.

ewwwew

If you don’t have ventilation and you smoke you might have a problem – but only for a short time!

Doug Arnold said:

If you don’t have ventilation and you smoke you might have a problem – but only for a short time!

And in other news, an unannounced rocket launch occurred in LA this morning. The rocked, by all reports, was shaped like a rusty old outhouse. We will bring you more information as the story unfolds.

It a bird its a plane . . . oh wait a minute, its just Vics crapper again. Someone needs to pass a law that forbids smoking in Vic’s crapper.

See what happens Vic when you finish 3 weeks early, it allows peoples minds to wander and take your thread with it.

Devon, I am not allowed to smoke at work. I am not allowed to smoke in the company van. I am not allowed to smoke in front of the County Office building, I am not allowed to smoke at the local bar. I am not allowed to smoke in any restaurant. I sure as heck am going to relax with a cigarette while I am working out my…crap.

Doug Arnold said:

Restraining to post explosion pic!

David Maynard said:

Devon, I am not allowed to smoke at work. I am not allowed to smoke in the company van. I am not allowed to smoke in front of the County Office building, I am not allowed to smoke at the local bar. I am not allowed to smoke in any restaurant. I sure as heck am going to relax with a cigarette while I am working out my…crap.

ok that made me laugh

This sounds like it’s more of an issue with Dougs installation as mine has no pit. When business leaves my building where it ends depends greatly on wind direction and speed (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

And we are back to…Ok, I am back to, what is the splatter factor of poo?

David Maynard said:

And we are back to…Ok, I am back to, what is the splatter factor of poo?

short answer: “Splash!”