Large Scale Central

2016 AMERICAN INVASION OF OTTAWA

The next annual American Invasion of Ottawa will be held from Thursday July 14 to Monday July 18, 2016.

Further details will be provided as they are confirmed.

Barry Birkett in Belleville, Ontario will host Day 1 of the 2016 American Invasion of Ottawa offering both Narrow Gauge and Standard Gauge railway operations on his Quinte and Eastern Ontario Railway.

Barry would like to know if event attendees would like to visit the Evergreen Gardens in nearby Picton, Ontario.

More details on the 2016 event will be provided when confirmation is received from our hosts.

The Finger Lake Live Steamers in Marengo, New York will host standard gauge passenger trains operations on Day 5. There will also be some ride-on trains’ fun available.

If there is enough interest, they will do car card operations on both the Gauge One and One Inch Scale layouts as well.

Finger Lakes Live Steamers

More details on the 2016 event will be provided when the remaining hosts wake up from their winter hibernation.

Sunday is usually a travel day for those attendees going home or to Finger Lakes, NY. But for those with time to spare, Doug Matheson hosts a modern standard gauge operation on his Northland Railroad in Manotick, a suburb of Ottawa.

Northland Railroad

Five year olds may be available to de-program the momentum and top speed settings on your radio control throttles.

2016 AMERICAN INVASION OF OTTAWA

The annual American Invasion of Ottawa will be held from Thursday July 14 to Monday July 18, 2016.

On Thursday, Barry Birkett in Belleville, Ontario will host both narrow gauge and standard gauge railway operations on his Quinte and Eastern Ontario Railway.

If there enough interest, guests can also visit David Walsh’s Evergreen Gardens Railway in nearby Picton, Ontario in the afternoon.

On Friday, Fred Mills in Nepean (Ottawa), Ontario will host standard gauge railway operations on the Ironwood, Peter’s Pond & Western Railroad and Rat Portage & Mattawa Railroad.

On Saturday, Fred Mills in Nepean (Ottawa), Ontario will host narrow gauge railway operations on the Ironwood, Peter’s Pond & Western Railroad and Rat Portage & Mattawa Railroad.

Sunday is usually a travel day for those attendees going home or to Finger Lakes, NY. But for those with time to spare, Doug Matheson will host a modern standard gauge operation on his Northland Railroad in Manotick, a suburb of Ottawa.

On Monday, The Finger Lake Live Steamers in Marengo, New York will host standard gauge passenger train operations. There will also be some larger scale ride-on trains available to ride on.

If there is enough interest, they will do a car card railway operation on both the gauge one and one inch scale railways as well.

Actually Paul I have found that two year olds can do an excellent job in de-programing the Crest Revolution controllers based on personal experience. I can make one available if you wish to supplement the five year olds!

The younger you get them started, the more interest they will have in later life.

Just made my reservations…looking forward to this. We sure have had a lot of fun up there…at the Invasion

I better get my reservations in too, at the Starwood Abbey Bed and Breakfast, though I’ve yet had Fr. Fred offer to cook me breakfast…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

(maybe that’s a good thing)

Ken

Fred would probably ask which would you Like.

More like:

Honey Brown Bottle