Large Scale Central

2014 AMERICAN INVASION OF OTTAWA

I have ridden on a couple of Norton motorcycles, but have never owned one. In my first 23 years of motorcycling I have owned 4 Yamahas, 2 BSAs, 1 Triumph, 1 Kawasaki, and 2 Hondas. My last Honda was a 1982 Goldwing which I sold 7 years later. After a 25 year absence from motorcycling, I bought a Honda CB500X for my 68th birthday in early May. I am thoroughly enjoying this new bike.

We’re Harley people down here…:wink:

Hey, everyone - please have a great time at the Invasion!

Remember, pics or it didn’t happen.

ig and tac

There are lots of Harleys here too. When you are at Doug’s you will hear a lot of them go by.

I don’t know how people can afford them. A Road King, my personal favourite, would be $25,000 to $30,000 with options, dealer add-ons, and sales taxes.

I could buy a convertible for that price and drive all year long.

Paul Norton said:

There are lots of Harleys here too. When you are at Doug’s you will hear a lot of them go by.

I don’t know how people can afford them. A Road King, my personal favourite, would be $25,000 to $30,000 with options, dealer add-ons, and sales taxes.

I could buy a convertible for that price and drive all year long.

With the top down all year long???/

The convertible would be a hell of a lot quieter…

But it sure ain’t ridin’ a bike, man.

A convertible does not lean like a motorcycle, but it is the closest thing you can get to a motorcycle especially if it has a 5-speed stick shift and small engine. My uncle sold me this VW because I was the only one that did not ask him for it. Everywhere I went with it people wanted to buy it from me. Kids and little old ladies would yell “cute car” when I was stopped at a corner.

It paid $4800 for it when it was 9 years old and sold it for $1200 when it was 23 years old. It had no rust, and roof and seats were in good shape although a little faded.

I wouldn’t have asked him for it either.

We have made it to just west of Belleville. Making first contact with our Canadian Friends this afternoon. All is well.

Ric Golding said: Making first contact with our Canadian Friends this afternoon.

I think he’s being searched at the border !

Just about packed. Just have to out everything in the car tomorrow morning, and head out. Get to the hotel in Ottawa about 4pm tomorrow afternoon.

Have fun guys. I’ll see some of you next week at Shawn’s and a few more next month at Bob’s. Take a few pictures please!

Looking forward to seeing you Jon. Don’t forget all are welcome to stop by on Tuesday.

Paul, I had a 5 speed, small engined, little car, and I loved it. It just wasn’t big enough for what I needed it to do.

Arrived at Fred’s about 5:15. Andy and Jean, Don, and Fred were there. We only stayed about 20 minutes, then headed to our hotel to check in. While asking about a good local restaurant, Bruce snuck up behind us, so we ended up having dinner with them (Cyrano’s, great food!).

Headed back to Fred’s about 8, Ed and Dianne Mann, and Roger Cutter were there, Ken’s van was in the driveway, but everyone else was out to dinner.

We stayed about half an hour, I did a lap of the layout with 681, then we headed back to the hotel.

Will head back to Fred’s in the moring

Sorry to miss you guys after dinner.

I hope you didn’t drive to Cyrano’s :slight_smile:

We arrived in Ottawa area, after a day at Barry’s. Great point to point railroad with a shared wye for turning equipment! Good schedule and lots of interesting switching. Headed for Fred’s in an hour or so.

WHERE ARE THE PICS?

tac, ig, ken the GFT and The ‘No pics - no happen’ Boys

We arrived Thursday night, had a great time at Fred’s, Doug’s, And the Live STeamers in NY…

We are home…