Large Scale Central

2012 American Invasion

K-27 Quad-ra-header!

Jane and I are in Ottawa, checked into the Holiday inn… waiting on the fun to start, tomorrow…

Latest weather forecast for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, (July 19th, 20th, and 21st) in OTTAWA Ontario…the days of the “Invasion of Friends”, show the weather to be sunny…low humidity, and temperatures in the highs of 24- 27C…perfect…VERY little chance of rain…my good relationship with the Storm Gods, seems to be working in our favour…!!

Fred Mills said:
.....my good relationship with the Storm Gods, seems to be working in our favour....!!
I do believe that relationship saved our collective buts on the way to North Bay. If we had been on the highway when that thing hit there is no telling where we would have ended up.

Have a great time everyone. Weather will be good here too. I’ll run a train in your honor :slight_smile:

We’re in upstate NY for the night. Heading to Doug’s tomorrow, with possible side trip to Eisenhower Locks

Well, today was a great day… Spent the morning with Fred Mills, and company at the IPP&W and RatPortage RR’s… then proceeded to Doug’s house and ran on his railroad all afternoon, then we had a wonderful meal at Doug’s… Back at the hotel, to rest up for tomorrow…

Yep, a great day. We arrived at Dougs about 2pm, ran a couple locomotives around picking up random cars. Then double-headed my and Ken’s K27 around the layout a few times, much to everyone’s camera’s delight. There should be some great photos. Followed by a great bbq, and now at the hotel. A great start to the weekend.

Someone please take a few pictures. I know it’s tough 'cause there is so much to do, but those of us that couldn’t make it would like to see all the familiar (and not so familiar) faces !