Large Scale Central

And the WINNERS are.....

First off. I must say that the builds this year are the best ever. Mik is smiling…

With out further adooooo I’ll get right to it.

Winning a suprize box of good stuff that would make even Mik smile.

Congradulations John on the building the “Chicago Hardware & Foundry” yard critter, and keeping the spitit of Mik alive.

Voting was wild for the best build.

Best of show build!

Congradulations Eric on the building the “One Moose Powered” logging loco.

Winning 1st choice from the prize pool. And bragging rights for the next year.

The hands down winner for story telling goes to:

Congradulations Doc Tom on the best “Tall Tale”, and building the “B’ar Ketchin’ Car”.

Winning 2nd choice from the prize pool.

2nd Place in the build challenge goes to:

John Passaro for the Paymasters house that defies gravity. And third pick from the prize pool.

3rd Place in the build challenge goes to:

David Manard for the Bobber Caboose. And Fourth pick from the prize pool.

4th Place in the build challenge goes to:

Shawn Viggiano. for the Clockworks powered Swamp Logger. And Fith pick from the prize pool.

5th Place in the build challenge goes to:

Doc Tom for the GOVOL catching “B’ar Ketchin’ Car”. And Sixth pick from the prize pool.

6th Place in the build challenge goes to:

Vic Smith. for the Wallice & Gromett inspired Red Rocket. And Seventh pick from the prize pool.

WINNERS of the Add On Prize Awards (That I know of)

The nominees for the International Association of Roundy Round Runners “R3” Donut Award, “The Donie”, (pronounced with a long O); for best use of a round thing are: Dave Maynard “Bobber Caboose”, Terry Burr “LACRR 1701”, Todd Brody “California Experience” and Devon Sinsley “Madam Kaihla”.

The envelope please… (18 year old super model hands Boomer the envelope) and the winner is…

Terry Burr, LACRR 1701 “Where no train has gone before”!!!

Cale Nelson Awards 2 Fn3 Boxcar Kits for “The Best 1:20.3 Build” to:

Doc Tom for the B’ar Kethcin’ Car.

Dennis Ryan’s Custom built 'Rustic Building" for Best 1st timers Build goes to:

Eric Schade for the Moose Mobile. With a close 2nd to Devon Sinsley, and 3rd to Bob Cope.

Vic Smith will post the winner of the “Best Napkin Drawing”

Congrats to all winners and all that took the Challenge.

Winners will pick from the prize pool in order of their win. If you want to “Pass” on receiving one of the prizes in the pool then say so, and the next winner will pick from whats left and so on untill all prizes are chosen. I have a list of the pick order that goes beyond those listed here if it goes that far down.

The prize pool for choosing from:

Peter Lucas, MyLocoSound; a large scale steam sound card. David Manard

Stan Cedarleaf, Cedarleaf Custom Railroad Decals; $25 Gift Certificate. Eric S.

Tony (from down under) Walsham; an ESC worth say A$80 Shawn V.

Dave Taylor; 16x20 Custom Canvas Print Award. (your photo or mine)

Dave Taylor; 11x14 Custom Canvas Print Award. Vic Smith

Travis Dague; Bundle of strip wood General prize pool. John Passaro

Ken Bianco, Trainworld; TRAINWORLD $25 Gift Certificate. Doc Tom

Congratulations to everyone in the contest, not just the winners. And a giant THANK YOU to Dave Taylor for running the whole thing. This contest has grown from its meager beginnings to the great event that it has become. Every year the entries get better and more creative. I’m sure Mik approves.

BEST NAPKIN DRAWING

OK here we go, there were several candidates to chose from. I kept going over them and in the end I decided that the one that made me smile the most would take the award. It came down to three choices, and the award goes to:

Shawn Viggiano

His Swamp Logger sketch conveyed the spirit of everything he set out to do, even how it would look on his microlayout.

So that’s it, it was a great challenge and a lot offun. Thanks to Dave for organizing the challenge and Thanks to Bob for the site to host it on.

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Rookies/ 1st timers award.

First congrats Eric on your win of Dennis’ building. I am truly honored to even be a close second or even in your distant shadow. That build simply is in a league of its own. With that said with me being in second and also offering a prize of a custom turning in this category I defer my winnings to Bob Cope. Sir I would be more than honored to work with you, within my limitations, to turn you something on my lathe. PM me if interested and we will work out what you want and what I can do.

Devon

Bob McCown said:

Congratulations to everyone in the contest, not just the winners.

Bob,

I think I can speak for all the contestants and even all the spectators when I saw we are all winners for experiencing this years MIK challenge. You deserve your thanks as well for allowing us a platform inwhih do participate

Congratulations to everyone, great builds, all. I am in awe of your creativity.

I’m amazed, all great, each carrying a touch of Mik, just Mik.

I’m gratified that my interpetation of Mik won. I kept thinking about the way his last build, that I remember, went together. The Central pump house and rod connected satelite pumping stations, raising good old Pennsylvania crude. I didn’t understand the build until it was nearly done and then the magic leaked out. My build was like that 'cept some of his magic leaked in!(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I wasn’t sure of my direction … I thank my cheerleader John P, of soaring chimney fame…, he saw what I couldn’t yet. I needed that kick in the pants.

Heart felt thanks to Mr. Dave for organizing us and holding us together after a rough start.

Thanks to Benevolent Bob for putting up with us, so we all can enjoy these builds and enhance our friendships.

Whhhooooo Wooo!

John

Thank you to everyone, most especially for the fellowship and good-will throughout the buildng process.

I can’t wait 'til next year! (On the other hand, I think I better watch what I wish for…this year came around again way too soon.)

Congrats to all the winners. Kudos to all the competitors and hosts. Was fun.

I have to say that this was one of the most entertaining months I’ve had in a while just watching all this imagination come together. Congrates to all the winners and all the participants. It was fun watching all this.

Congrats to everyone. I have to say this was the best challenge yet and fun. Its a good to get away from the usual builds and creat something whimsical. Great Job Dave for putting this together.

I think back to the first challenge Mik had done. I am proud to be part of that first one. If I remember correctly I built my workcaboose.

(http://oi45.tinypic.com/2lsfgx0.jpg)

Congratulations to those who who have won some form of prize. Well done as well to those who didn’t. There were some great thoughtful entries this year. It certainly has kept the Forum interested, especially during the colder time. A pity I was not able to get my head around things this year due to illness but - as time passes very quickly these days it seems - maybe next time. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Thanks Dave Taylor for pulling this year’s Challenge together. We had entries from all over the USA and indeed the world. This speaks volumes.

Thank you for enjoying the whiskey flavored tall tale of a monster bear loose in the woods of the Smoky Mountains. Half way through the tale I thought this is “going way over the top” in the whimsical department and was bordering on the cornball. A couple of drinks with my wife later the story line continued in my brain and I was able to complete it.

I too was riveted to the LSC site this past month to see all the wild and imaginative builds that were going on. Thank you Bob for the best model railroading site on the web.

Doc Tom

Fantastic!!

Congratulations to all of the entries as they were all winners !

I really enjoyed this years challenge as well.

Thanks to all for sponsoring this challange and for taking part and for following along! It was great fun to do and great fun to see what others do and to read all the stories and comments! All around a great time!

I am honored that you like my work. Surprised I was in the running because it is was all so cool! I understand that There is a track Side Store in store for the Winnegance and Quebec and a choice of some of the loot offered by sponsors? Wow…like a kid in a candy store…or a moose in a bakery! I Would love some Decals, heard nothing but good things about Stan’s products and service!

Congratulations to all the participants in Miks build challenge 2015. Amazing imaginative builds one and all.

Truly incredible challenge this year gentlemen. I’m hoping to throw my name in the hat next year. I knew I just wouldn’t have had the time this for years challenge. Heck It was hard enough to just log on and stay current with every ones build who did participate. Great Job Everyone!

Dave, Can you give us a count on the total number of individuals that submitted votes? Just interesting trivia.

Good work you all! It was fun and interesting. Maybe next year? Paul Austin

@Eric S., PM Stan to arrange for the decals.

@Doc Tom, Your choice of whats left.

@ John P. Your up to choose after Doc Tom.